• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice job adam when am i going to see him mate get him on the boat :clapper:

Posted Images

Them collies are on it ive heard stories of pure collies catching fox in the past and even hare at the end of the day they were there before the lurcher that was there job aswell as hearding

once knew of a collie that would put alot of pure bulls to shame he would draw foxes all day for fun. once lost it and found him in a fox earth digging on and he was about 6ft down the hole when we got there so left him to it and 15-20mins later drew one out and killed it in a few shakes. brilliant rabbit dog to but shit on hare or fox on top far to slow

good on you , got freinds over there in the orkneys , they sold up and went up there ,som eof my family have been up there for a hol they liked it etc ,godd to see your dog doing more than herding , was with aguy yesterday his dog caut all manner of things ,while he was trapping his collie barks at trap when there a animal in trap ,ideal as they get the odd mountain lion and bear in them theminute the collie barks they pull there self out of trap and away , he catches the odd jack rabit and cottontail simliar to our rabbits etc saw afew handy colies that had the potentional to catch game and vermin in there time ,on lamp all the best

My granda told me the two best hare dogs he'd ever seen were 2 full collies. One worked the cover and the other stood waiting, he said they knew where the hare was going before it did.

cuagusgiorrai, have you ever been to Inis Bó Fionne off Donegal? Crawling with rabbits, not 1 predator, hundreds out at a time during the day.