phill haynes

mate of mine had a dog of phil,i think he will be first to admit,it aint no world beater and regularly gave tongue,even so,phil used the dog to put over one of his bitches,gave my mate pup out the litter,totaly different dog,infact its a little cracker on the bunnies and can pick them up on the golf courses no trouble,so just goes to show,as with most,some good stuff,some not so :thumbs:

mate of mine had a dog of phil,i think he will be first to admit,it aint no world beater and regularly gave tongue,even so,phil used the dog to put over one of his bitches,gave my mate pup out the litter,totaly different dog,infact its a little cracker on the bunnies and can pick them up on the golf courses no trouble,so just goes to show,as with most,some good stuff,some not so thumbs.gif

He put a yapper over his bitchdoh.gif Cheers for that if anybody asks me about them i will make this clear.thumbs.gif
  • Like 1

mate of mine had a dog of phil,i think he will be first to admit,it aint no world beater and regularly gave tongue,even so,phil used the dog to put over one of his bitches,gave my mate pup out the litter,totaly different dog,infact its a little cracker on the bunnies and can pick them up on the golf courses no trouble,so just goes to show,as with most,some good stuff,some not so thumbs.gif

He put a yapper over his bitchdoh.gif Cheers for that if anybody asks me about them i will make this clear.thumbs.gif

can only say it how i see it mate

can only say it how i see it mate

At least your being honest mate the lurcher world would be a lot better if their were more lads like youthumbs.gif atvb dell

a lot of the times yappers are made. not born yappers but overfaced when to young or when running with a niggle or injury or given that one run to many .

i completely agree,but seems to be more common with this type of x,only from reading previous threads on here and what iv seen personally :thumbs:

a lot of the times yappers are made. not born yappers but overfaced when to young or when running with a niggle or injury or given that one run to many .

I totally agree mate, i've been saying the same for over 20 years. You get some lads who lock a pup in a kennel for 6 months not even taking it for a proper walk or taking the time to get the dog fit. They take it out the kennel at 6-7 months old and take it lamping expecting it to catch!!!!. As you say a dog run too young or too hard is the reason they start to yap...

I do know from another thread that poacher3161 knows of a litter that was bred out of a yapper. All the pups turned out to be yappers. This is the first time i've heard of this though,but i'm not doubting him in anyway...

That may well be in most cases but would you buy a pup out of a known yapper???

Edited by watchman

No mate i wouldn't to be honest, i go out with a mate who was told to run his whippet from 5 months old (before he knew me) and it's like going out with the grove and rufford hunt lol. However he knows it's his fault and he's standing by his mistake. His bitch has really improved though when she's run on her own with no other dogs on the field. He'll keep her til the day she dies, but he'll never breed from her.