how many

hi i was just wondering how many of you use ferret finders me personally dont use one reason being is i find they make me impaitent soo ive trained them to come to the rattle of keys and soo far touch wood its worked everytime also i like to keep as much as i can to traditional methods ie no eletronic ferret finders lol

traditional methods :doh:

the reason they wernt used years ago was because too expensive, or not invented

so apart from leaving injured or dead rabbits below ground, what happens if your fert gets stuck in a stop end, no amount of key jangling will get it out

Traditionally they used to snap off a ferrets eye teeth to stop them killing in and fed ferrets milk and bread slop. They also thought the world was flat.

Times have changed my friend. I dont like the craze of whipping the bright orange beeping box at the drop of a hat either, but when you have decided enough is enough and go rattle your keys to get the ferrets to come out, what would be the difference in getting the locator out of the bag and using that, that way you would get the ferret and the rabbit its just killed or the six stuck in the stop end (it really happens).

I'm not impatient, it stays in the bag until the ferret just does not come out, and yes i can whistle mine out as well. But they day that finds you sweating and shitting it because rattle as you might the ferret doesnt show . . . . i will be reaching for the spade and getting mine back!

Also as noted - if your ferret has a habit of killing etc it does really put extra in your bag, Read the post on here where 19 rabbits were taken and over half were dug to!

Lets all stop this silly argument. Ferret finders are an advancement in our sport. SIMPLE. They dont have to make you lazy, or lose your fieldcraft . . . . thats down to you, not the locator.

atb

Jai.

• Like 2

sorry if you thought it was a dig at people who uses them it wasnt it was just the way ive been taught and personally it would make me impatient but thats me never know one day i might join the revolution if the price of them came down but i am a tight bugger lol atb snakes

I wasn't offended! Just had this question on here A LOT! My dad didnt use one his whole life, and i grew up not using one . . . . and then they were invented and i still didnt use one . . . . and then i saw one used, and now both Dad and I use them. Its just a another handy tool in the bag. And i'm really attached to my ferrets!

atb

Jai.

[]this year ive been going ferreting on new permission where i have not been able to take the dogs,so we have been putting 50 odd nets down and running my jills through with no collars on. i find that they dont dislondge the nets.i then put the hobs in with collars on.and dig if necessary.but when i come home and take the dogs out, i just take one jill in a small carry box , no nets, no collar, no spade and thus far its the best sport ive ever had.not putting nets down you arent making a noise and a quike bolt usually takes place. i only go for a few bolts per warren for the dogs to chase, im not out to empty all the warrens where i live , if you just bolt one then move off the ferret gets used to coming out instead of lying up. obviousley this is not pest control just fast good sport.

hi i was just wondering how many of you use ferret finders me personally dont use one reason being is i find they make me impaitent soo ive trained them to come to the rattle of keys and soo far touch wood its worked everytime also i like to keep as much as i can to traditional methods ie no eletronic ferret finders lol

I hope if you keep to traditional methods you go ferreting on foot or by horse and cart, oh and traditionally you wouldn't have any keys unless you were lord of the manor. Yes I know I'm miserable old b*****d. :D

i was ferreting like a lot of people years before they were invented,like a lot of people but when something is invented that makes it easier you go for it.i did and i never leave home without it.a lot to do with people not having one is the price which is a lot of money to me and many others.

there not exspensive at all i brought my 8ft one 28 years ago and still got it for i think £35 so with inflation £140.00 is not exspensive i've also just brought a mk1 15 ft with a collar off ebay for £80.00 atb tj

Is a rabbit realy worth digging 15 foot for?? feck that sods law the thing will move before you get to it lol Edited by sh 08

there not exspensive at all i brought my 8ft one 28 years ago and still got it for i think £35 so with inflation £140.00 is not exspensive i've also just brought a mk1 15 ft with a collar off ebay for £80.00 atb tj

Is a rabbit realy worth digging 15 foot for?? feck that sods law the thing will move before you get to it lol

Only ever used 8ft, if it's deeper than that I don't wan't to know.