TIPS ON GETTING WOODIES

Well looks liek alot of you wanna get some pigeons with air rifles ( i dont like the idea my self ) i like to take em out the air with shotgun but thats just me..

Out TIP TIME " works 100% " cost around £3 - £4 get a decoy any cheap one will do then get one of the Ultra Violate marker pens like the ( ones u see under black light ) for marking stuff if it gets stolen you knwo the ones..

ok now take you decoy and take your marker and mark 3 x 1/2 inch lines from one side to the other, one around the base of the neck and 2 on the back,

place the decoy in a tree or on the ground ( best in a tree ) and then nexted time you go back to it you will have woodies all over it..

tryed this after it as told pigeons see in ultra violate so when i was camping out over the weekend hunting i put 3 decoys over the tent the night befor when i get up there was around 7-10 woodies all sant around the decoys :p, tryed it with out the marker pen and nothing.. Also pigeons dont really see you but the shadows you cast they are hard to get close to cos they see the movement you make.

try it and i hope u get lots ..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with shooting woodies with an air rifle????

whats right with it.. not hard to shoot somthing that is sleeping in a tree is it.. or having just fed is roosting unable to fly cos its digesting its food.. not sporting and a VERY LAZY WAY TO HUNT!!!

but! less Sky pests the better..

Edited by Cheshire JP

whats wrong with shooting woodies with an air rifle????

whats right with it.. not hard to shoot somthing that is sleeping in a tree is it.. or having just fed is roosting unable to fly cos its digesting its food.. not sporting and a VERY LAZY WAY TO HUNT!!!

but! less Sky pests the better..

You bring your air rifle and try get a pigeon on my permission then mate ;)

You step into a 4 acre field and pigeons you didnt even see will be taking off for the horizon and pitch up somewhere else 2 miles away because they are spoilt for choice.

You could say the same about anything mate, 'Its not very sporting to shoot a rabbit, I mean its intelligence levels arent very high so it cant have a pre-ordained plan to escape being shot' or 'Its not very sporting to shoot rabbits coming out their holes as they are just feeding and not expecting it'

Dont want to argue but your generalising the behaviour of every pigeon out there, not every one is like a friendly village pigeon that is used to seeing people and you can get upto about 10 metres from. I could use your UV pen decoy idea, but still, it wouldnt make any difference as you would still have to approach them or get into a position to have a clean shot. I know where the woodies are thats not the challenge as I watch their behaviour, it is just being able to take them out before they spot you creeping along or spot you in your hide.

Jack

Edited by JackReid

I do alot of shotgun shooting aswell as airgun shooting. And have no problem with either. You can't gurantee a kill with a shotgun, it's impossible. After you've pulled the trigger your hoping one of the shot find's a kill zone. COuld be considered a very flippant attitude toward humanely killing a live animal. I don't personally think so myself but that said. When compared to an air rifle which is capable of extreme accuracy given practice, i would say that shotgunning is more lazy than airgun shooting.

Each form of shooting has it's own pro's & con's. If you think air rifle shooting is lazy. Well, I will keep my thought's to myself on that one. :thumbs:

Each to their own, as they say.

Shaun.

Edited by Snoopy.

J Davies is that you ???? or just another shotgun snob :doh:

It's not JD, mate. This fella can spell......

FFS!!!!

How much more beer has to spray my keyboard outa my snotta?

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Edited by Phantom

Now now boys, please play nice :yes:

Beer outa my nostrils stings like feck :icon_eek:

Nah really, don't wind him up guy's please its not worth dragging the board down is it ?

Gawd look at me all Mr Diplomacy GULP!

Phantom