how far do you walk your dog on a regular day?

Minimum four hours a day, in the summer and two to three hours a day in the winter, today we were out for five hours, yesterday four hours. That's all off lead so Fly's covering a lot more ground than me!

[/quote

That sounds about right. going out today will most likely do four to five hours :thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strike

Minimum four hours a day, in the summer and two to three hours a day in the winter, today we were out for five hours, yesterday four hours. That's all off lead so Fly's covering a lot more ground than me!

some very fit dogs there, and a few fit owners mine had 2 n half and the same l8r :big_boss:

just been out for 3 hrs there did 6 or 7 mile and thats her done for the day part from when she needs to do her buisness in garden like lol some people do talk some crap like wish mine was as fit as some of these haha not sayin everyone is alking crap like!!

atb nightowl 169

just been out for 3 hrs there did 6 or 7 mile and thats her done for the day part from when she needs to do her buisness in garden like lol some people do talk some crap like wish mine was as fit as some of these haha not sayin everyone is alking crap like!!

atb nightowl 169

i cover alot of ground as i dont work and to be truthful not out as much at night as i would like to be so need to cover loads of ground to try and keep dog in shape as well as me i surpose if i was lamping 5 nights a week i would only take them for a few mile in the morning then the normal big lamp at night. plus alot of us walk for mailes to escape the mrs's :laugh:

[/quote

That sounds about right. going out today will most likely do four to five hours :thumbs:

We only managed three hours this morning but Fly was running for most of it with a GSD, a Retriever and a Lab then had two hours at the stables this afternoon, mostly spent running and wrestling with the collie and racing between the fields. In between the two outings Fly's been totally crashed out!

[/quote

Take that back.Dog cut its paw after two hours.The other one took the skin off the shin yesterday.So the two are lying on the rug in front of me bandaged up

just started running mine what ive figured out on google earth roughly 5 miles a day while im on my bike.then lamping to bring on the pup on top of that .would it harm my dogs to run them every day or is it best to give them a days worth of rest.shaun :thumbs: .ps before i ran them on the bike i walked them just thaught they would get a little fitter running the distance than walking.thanks again.shaun :thumbs:

I think there is some bullshitin goin on!!!!!! 10-15 mile a day???? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

nowt for a dog that pal, i bet there in good health. Id would love to be able to have the spare time to walk 15 mile a day with mine, but sadly iv got graft, and so mine get a run behind a vehicle/bike to save time.

I used to be beating on the moors 6 days a week from 12 august until early december, the same dogs every day would cover 20+ miles no bother, over very rough terrain, working their socks off. And they could still do more, fit dogs are super athletes. :thumbs:

thats like nearly doing the west highland way every week, yous are all full of shit

There was a programme on the telly last week about dogs saying Huskies can cover 100 miles a day and I know working Collies can cover 70 miles a day. I would love to walk mine further than I do but Arthritis won't let me. I worry that I would be pulled off a pushbike and the police are very hot about leading a dog with a car. Any ideas welcome.

there's some porkies being told on here,if you done the kind of mileage quoted on this post you would be doing more damage than good,there is no physical need to do the kind of mileages quoted to get or keep your dog fit,some of you need to buy a decent greyhound book or chat to a licensed greyhound owner for good advice.they will tell you how easy it is to get a dog fit,there is no need for extreme mileages,you can walk a surefire win off a greyhound with to much exercise before the race and its no different with lurcher's.The hybrid vigour produced by including other breeds like collie,deerhound,saluki,etc will naturally increase the dogs stamina and endurance,6 miles a day of good roadwork is more than enough to keep your dog fit,toned and most importantly tighten the feet,the rest is done by good diet,yis,wirralman

f**k me,does anyone work on here lol!

I dont count miles,steps or hours but one thing i know is im out basically as many days as possible 4-5 mooching,lamping etc. Walk 3 times a day just through the local wood,comes along trapping all day and then bushing afterwards! Theres is days when they get rested, like now as she has just comlpletely snapped her dew claw off so thats me f****d!