how far do you walk your dog on a regular day?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i average about 10 miles a day which is mix of field and road if my legs can handle it i go further but changes day by day. Ive also started taking him for an evening ride on a push bike with him running by my side but this is only when im not lamping. But this has been a gradual process to get to this as hes still young and growing.

am out nearly every second day if not most day working it.sometimes a just leave them in the kennel for a day for a bit of rest. in the summer time when a cant do much hunting a will just take them fishing with me or take them a walk down the local park, nothing heavy tho.

atb poacherman

run mine behind either the motor, quad or pushbike, every day. Some dogs may not do the whole journey, if at all due to me saving their energy for work that day/night. But on a day off from work, all my dogs (bar retired/pups/injured) will do between 3 and 10 miles running/trotting all year round.

I think there is some bullshitin goin on!!!!!! 10-15 mile a day???? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

nowt for a dog that pal, i bet there in good health. Id would love to be able to have the spare time to walk 15 mile a day with mine, but sadly iv got graft, and so mine get a run behind a vehicle/bike to save time.

I used to be beating on the moors 6 days a week from 12 august until early december, the same dogs every day would cover 20+ miles no bother, over very rough terrain, working their socks off. And they could still do more, fit dogs are super athletes. :thumbs:

Dont count miles,, but a good hard walk from about Three Pm till dark, Just have a general mooch,, Sometimes i job with them,, ride a bike along them, or run them along the motor.

im the same i just walk the dog for a mooch about but i just follow where ever me legs take me always exploring new places and as the days go on there getting further and further away. but im a typical mile counter if i aint done enough i aint going back. but my lurcher can out walk me anyway so when im not lamping in the evening now im taking him on a bike ride to try and tire him out

both myn been out today.done abt 11/12mile.it took me just over 3 and a half hrs.dogs had a good walk an im knacked. normaly they get abt between 3/5mile aday. :thumbs: