brickies line

Got fed up of coming back from ferreting, a net or two light. so i'd been toying with the idea of using orange nets for a while. I picked up a spool of brickies line yesterday, paid £1.95 for 180m, and is bright orange. Only managed 3 nets out of it, and went for the thickest i could get but on hind sight could probably done with going a little thinner.

Has anyone else tried it and what do you think? Does anyone have any alternatives? :hmm:

i wish i could nit my own nets mate .....lol

give it ago mate, i got myself a needle and a handful of rings from one of the many fieldsports suppliers that sell them, and then i got myself a ball of gardening hemp from the local pound shop( it's not top quality, but it makes serviceable nets and you don't mind cutting it off the ring and starting again). I watched a few of the net making tutorials on the net and then had ago. i was definetly glad i only paid a pound a ball for the hemp, because it took a few attempts. But it certainly gives you a sense of achievment when you nit your own, although the time it takes me i'd never be able make a living selling them lol

just looked at the agouti website, looks a cheeper option, about 15 nets for from a £7.50 spool. And looked at the tutarial whilst i was there, seems to use a quicker, tidier method to me :thumbs: . Thanks for the advice, i'll have to give it a try :yes:

how do you knitt urs

do you use shape or straight nets

how many rows do you put on the ring??

atb

i have been using the laccy band trick this season but a broke so many bands whilst ferreting it never worked as a tally and just ended up cutting of the circulation to me fingers lol. there was a chap on here a while back saying about cutting a notch in the peg so you could tie them up with bands and they would stay neat in your bag.

does anyone have a picture of said notched pegs and how you bundle the nets with them?