Help finding the right 17Hmr

Can anyone help me please im thinking about getting a 17Hmr added to my ticket, The problem i have is call me fussy but i would like a carbine version, barrel length no more than 16" before adding a mod.I was thinking about £700 or maybe a bit more for the right gun.Ive looked on the web but cant find much maybe looking the wrong places.

Can anyone help me please im thinking about getting a 17Hmr added to my ticket, The problem i have is call me fussy but i would like a carbine version, barrel length no more than 16" before adding a mod.I was thinking about £700 or maybe a bit more for the right gun.Ive looked on the web but cant find much maybe looking the wrong places.

If £700 is just for the rifle? Get a SAKO Quad, but a BRNO American in the 16" carbine can be had for £275>£300 'ish and REALLY is just as good! I had one so I know.

The best of the best is the Anschutz 1717, my buddy has one and OK it's very nice, but at circa £1100 (For the rifle only), it's a bit expensive for what it is,

shooting crows at 200 yards is to become an exotic hobby.

Also did you realise that 17HMR ammo retails at around £12>£14 a box of 50.

If you are thinking of up-scaling your rifles a .223 or 22.250 centrefire wouldn't cost that much more to buy or run, and is about 6 times more powerful, your choice?

I've spent my time with Anschutz on the range and in the field and it is true to say they are generally pleasing to look at and shoot.

But that said I have no need to spend that sort of money for a field tool.

Any perceived improvement in accuracy will be absolutely tiny (and not measurable for most) so I am more than happy with the lower price and similar performance of the CZ, available with 16" barrel!

Personal choice of course! :thumbs:

Yes the £700 was for the rifle alone,sounds like the CZ are very good and at a good price too i cant find the 16" model is it still a 452 or has it changed,Also i have a 22RF CZ 452 16" american and love it and also have a 223 Remmy 700 and just wanted a gun with extra power over the 22RF and range for the likes of crows and rabbits as it can get expensive with the 223 at a pound a shot but the pop and impact is worth it most of the time,Also ive heard you get alot less richochets with a .17Hmr which sounds safer. Can anyone say if the Anschutz is worth the extra money in the long term e.g. less likely to break or go wrong.

If you have the money definately go for the Anchutz. Lovely wee gun that has many specifications that you can choose to suit wourself.

Alternatively if you dont have the money go for a CZ.

In any case i think it makes sense to spend as much on a scope as you can afford, and the gun comes after.

A good scope is the key element to any rifle setup.

FTB