OUT YESTERDAY

Sorted out a mooch with Ian as our ferreting season comes to stop shortlycry.gif We headed up to Ian's Tynedale permission as my place is finished till May as the lambing season will be starting shortly & the rabbits are very thin on the ground.

Ian had his 4 jills,me a hob,jill & quickset & Ian's O/U 12Ghunter.gif for good measure...On the way up we seen a few sitting out in the -3c frost covered fields.We started off at a bank of well used & marked sets after a slow start we got 3 in the bag with me me missing a runner with the shotgunrofl.gif (never used one for over 14yrs) .

post-11356-126686911234_thumb.jpg

We moved to another farm to do a beckside which normally holds a few rabbits.We netted the hole bank purse & quickset,netted 2 & in a large set Ian had a 4ft mark with his jills..managed to get down 2ft then we hit a large boulder which we could'nt shiftmad.gif I put the hob in & 1 jill came out,5 mins later so did the other with the hob chortling away behind herwub.gif .

post-11356-12668694055_thumb.jpg

post-11356-126686945343_thumb.jpg

We did 2 small sets on the opposite bank,bagged 1 from a shallow dig & another rolled the net..never mind...

post-11356-126686954153_thumb.jpg

We moved off to another piece of permission for a bit of sport with the shotgun with me behind the triggerhunter.gif only bolted 2 rabbits with me just missing one(honest) & finally bagging onetoast.gif .

Ended the day with 7 rabbits,not a big bag but it was good to be out as the season closes for another summer.

post-11356-126686997489_thumb.jpg

post-11356-126687000482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yep it was bliddy cold,bunnies must of known the snow was comeing,but we had a good laugh,slip slideing around, :clapper: bit of sport with the shotty made for an entertaining end to the day :gunsmilie: with andy riding shotgun in the 4x4, :whistling: poor jill thought ww3 had started,but he got one :toast: ,another brown envelope due soon me thinks, :laugh:

kev09, i like the little one ferret box were you get that from or did you make it your sen, its a dble box,opens at the front,home made of course,oki doki,ian :bye: