in our area we get...................

rabbits 80p

hares 4 pounds

deer......

doe 140 pounds

buck 160 pounds

pigeon 50p

there r others he takes ie pheasent qail duck,but we dont shoot those,

all excpt pigeon have to be gutted and deer head and legs off.is this a good rate,as we take them to a dedicated game meat dealer,not the local butchers.

any input would be great....

happy shooting les.... :)

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Les, I've only really ever sold rabbits, mate. But 80p?!? :icon_eek: FFS! Rabbits have " Always " fetched thirty bob ~ as long as I can remember, at least. And that's saying something; Bloody price of a loaf has gone up twenty times in that period, but rabbits have never budged. 80p though? C*** must be knocking them on for thirty bob!

Hares, four quid? I don't think I'd ever have found anyone to buy one! Ate them myself though and it'd likely take a fiver to stop me doing so. I Like a bit of baked hare :) (Well ..... did when I had the teeth to bite the f**kas! :icon_redface: )

My main observation / comment though is that this reminded me of the prices I saw on rabbits in Yorkshire, last year. Presumably tame ones, as they were fair old sizes. But they were going like hot cakes, from a regular butchers, at eight to ten quid a throw!!!!! :icon_eek: I couldn't believe it!

Last time I noticed venison for sale, it was fetching a quid a pound. And that was nearly forty years ago! How's that match up to what you're getting now, mate?

never sell any of my stuff dont get that much to sell it but 160 for a deer is a fair bit. saying that though, i was out yesterday night in makro and saw some venison for sale there, suprised that it was about 10 quid and the pack wasnt even that big!! 50p a pigeon seems good aswell, do they have to be headshot with a rifle?

My mate culls roughly 300 fallow per season on an estate run by either the forestry commision or national trust,i cant remember which one it is.He gets them ready for the game dealer who picks them up every couple of days.The money is paid directly to the trust/commision and it works out at roughly £25-£30 per fallow. :blink:

Guest s200user

160 is true,gods truth,my old man and brother in law shot 2 last year and they got 300 quid for them,the only reson he gives good prices is cause he cant get hold of them cause no one really shoots them,i went in his walk in freezer last week amd he had bread baskets full of rabbit and pigoen,and yesterday i looked in there and they were all gone,he said he cant get enough of em,