Barking and neighbours

Hi,

Neighbour is banging on about some noise again. We have done everything to keep the dogs quiet and overall it has worked.

Ocassionally the dogs bark, but that is dogs.

Being this is a private house and there is only one complaintant does anyone know what can be legally done against me?

Thanks

Rich

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have 3dogs myself lads and live in a built up area, i will pts any barking dog that continues to bark,including my own. have done it before and will do it again most of you lot,must never have l

Hi,

Neighbour is banging on about some noise again. We have done everything to keep the dogs quiet and overall it has worked.

Being this is a private house and there is only one complaintant does anyone know what can be legally done against me?

Thanks

Rich

not much a landlord can do to you. but remember every 6 or 12 months you have to renew your tennancy with your landlord and the landlord can if he decides not to renew your tennancy due to to many complaints. as law goes it depends on whatg time of day and how often it happens. there is no law persay on noise its through the enviromental agency as it gets put under noise pollution act. i know this sounds daft but had same probs myself and as long as landlord is on your side your be fine. but if your neighbours can prove that your dogs make more noise over the maximuium level of noise aloud for that time then you can be fined but if its only now and again like once a week they cant do anything. i think if its between 9am-8pm you should be ok but out of these times there is a db curfew in domestic situations like your selves. hope this helps

Edited by huntingalltheway

Hi,

Thanks

Rich

Hi rich..it happend to me in 1999 mate i lived in a semi cottage one of six in a lane lived there for nine years no probs.My lurchers used to howl early in the morning and early evening tried every thing to stop it my deerhound x would start the others would join in.Then we had a copper move in next door i fell out with him then the trouble started.He made so many complaints to the local council they put equipment in his house to test noise level.I was then told that if i didnt get rid of the lurchers they would start court proccedings i saw my mate whos a councilor he looked at the case and advised me to find homes for the dogs.ATB taker

Arsholes neighbours are like rats aint they, your gonna have a problem with um eventually! An idea.......anti bark coller? Iv never used um so i dont know if they work or not but maybe worth a try? As for the neighbours, as much as you want to smack the count try and make friends with them. Invite them round next time your having a knees up, get them on side. Have a good chat, get to know them, find some common ground blah blah. They wont be so quick to feck you over then, hopefully! Other than that stick your finger up and tell um to stop fecking moaning and get a life!

do you walk your dogs the same time every day.my mate is a taxi driver and he walk his dog first thing in the morning at 5oclock.com about 4.30 his dog started to howl.he had to give his dog away because people ware complaining

Spot on all.rounder exactly was my prob as for getting on with them theres no way you could get on with the copper next to me he was a a..hole in the end i moved .ATB taker

I wouldnt worry to much about it if hes the only one complaining...... (IF)....some people will complain behind your back and not say a word to you..its them you need to worry about..........if hes moving its ovious hes not getting anywhere with his complaint, because there will have been a visit perhaps when you where out, they have to follow up a complaint on noise....do what the lads have said get a anti bark collar they do work my mate uses them....you never know you may be lucky and get someone in there who likes dogs next time...........good luck with it...chris

a stay in a built up area and my dogs are out in the kennel. my dads lab is bad for the barking. soon as it sees a light going on in the house it starts, if it hears a siren from a ambulance it starts, basically it starts at the least bit a noise. the council came to our house because some tosser had complaint. the council said they would only give out a couple of warnings then we could end up with a asbo. we had a fair idea who put the complaint in. but wasnt 100% sure. a dont realy blame the person for it because the barking was getting out of control. so a think the route they would use is a asbo now. weve managed to quieting the dog down but still has its moments

atb poacherman

i moved into a house 6 months ago and all i'v had is harasment, on my street theres a row of about 5 houses all owning dogs including mine. All the other dogs bark except mine and i mean at all hours, yet ive had 3 complaints about barking dogs and a visit from the RSPCA what got dismissed when he saw the condition of my dogs and where they were kept. I have now taken a recording of my dogs in there pen being quiet whilst all the other dogs are barking just for my defence incase anything comes from it. I live in a fairley nice quiet area and i suppose my stuck up neighbours dont like the thort of a young lad living in their area so they've ruined my chances of renewing the contract and are trying 2 make my life a living hell 4 as long as i live here.

hi i have my own house and my dogs howl like wolves, personally i dont give a f/ck, the neighborghs complained, so i filled a couple of the neighborghs in and threatened the rest of them, this stopped the problem of my neigborghs, complaining.

hope this helps

cocker