For all dog men and fieldsports supporters

Lately the Green Party are uping their attack on hunting and the countryside in general, from stopping turf cutting, to attacking gun licenses. Now their main goal is to ban the Ward Union Stag Hounds and to include all hunts in their new puppy farm legislation. This will mean ANYONE with five bitches will be counted as a puppy farm, and will be inspected by vets and must microchip EVERY dog/hound. Please read this below and sign petition. Thank you

RISE!

Rural Ireland Says Enough!

FACE Ireland and the Hunting Association of Ireland have formed RISE! Rural Ireland Says Enough! to campaign at national, regional and local level to mobilise public and political opinion in support of our traditional field sports and rural pastimes. Together, these organisations represent more than 300,000 adherents of country sports.

FACE is the Federation of Associations for Hunting and Conservation

of the EU, a non-profit making, non-governmental organisation that

has acted in the interests of over seven million European hunters since its foundation in 1977. The steering group of RISE! includes representatives of FACE Ireland, the HAI, and the Ward Union Hunt.

There are three imminent threats to rural sports:

1.The Dog Breeding Establishments Bill 2009, proposed by the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government,

is currently awaiting its first debate in the Seanad.

2. The same Ministers Wildlife (Amendment) Bill, which includes

a ban on stag hunting, is scheduled to be published between

now and Easter.

3. The Animal Health and Welfare Bill is being drafted by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.

These proposals represent part of a wider, fundamentalist Green

agenda being foisted on people.

Please click on the link below and sign the on-line petiton.

http://www.risecampaign.ie/index.html

Good Hunting

Johnny85

This will mean ANYONE with five bitches will be counted as a puppy farm, and will be inspected by vets and must microchip EVERY dog/hound.

So what's the problem with that, seems like common sense to me?

Well if you run a hunt, a none profit making club how do you pay for almost 100 micro-chips. And you need a certain square metreage per bitch, you have to apply to breed off each one and no more than 6 litters in her life time. And you can have dog warden, police or vet in your place any time any day to inspect. No more medicine of any form given without vet, the list goes on...................

This will mean ANYONE with five bitches will be counted as a puppy farm, and will be inspected by vets and must microchip EVERY dog/hound.

Well if you run a hunt, a none profit making club how do you pay for almost 100 micro-chips. And you need a certain square metreage per bitch, you have to apply to breed off each one and no more than 6 litters in her life time. And you can have dog warden, police or vet in your place any time any day to inspect. No more medicine of any form given without vet, the list goes on...................

whats the problem....ARE YOU FOR REAL...wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif ...dogs back after a good days hunting or night ...needs a jab needs a stitch or 2 ...not for me i arnt having any fker cummin round poking there nose into my buisiness.looking over the dogs.if they are kept clean and healthy you shouldnt have a problem you ask. there isnt many lads on here would let vets and wardens all over there gaff.all this will do is drive it deeper and deeper underground.

You trying to make a point with the last post mate???

No computer froze and kept posting, but now that you say it, yes I am trying to make a point. ITS BAD NEWS. Some city slicker in an office deciding what bitch you can breed and how often or how you treat them after hard days graft!!!!

Think you will find it's 6 bitches

FFS, how many litters do you want off a bitch isn't 6 enough?

Do you not think the dogs should have

14.—(1) The operator of a dog breeding establishment shall

ensure that—

(a) dogs are at all times kept in accommodation suitable as

respect construction, size of quarters, number of occupants,

exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation

and cleanliness,

(B) dogs are—

(i) adequately supplied with suitable food, drink and

bedding material,

(ii) adequately exercised, and

(iii) inspected at suitable intervals,

© all reasonable measures are taken to prevent and control

the spread among dogs of infectious or contagious

diseases,

(d) appropriate measures are taken for the protection of dogs

in case of fire or other emergency,

(e) bitches do not give birth to more than 6 litters of pups

each, and

(f) not less than 12 months elapses between the birth of a

litter of pups to a bitch and the birth of the next litter of

pups to that bitch.

I cannot see anywhere where it mentions medicines have to be administered by a vet.

It also says reasonable time re inspection.

So basically if you care for your dogs welfare, which is what the above covers, the only problem you have is in them being microchipped and that because of cost.

Quite sure that as "club" you will be able to get a discount especially with 100 dogs and also easily raise the amount to cover this. :thumbs: