Hancock

I know, not another hancock thread,........i currently own a 50/50 border collie greyhound 7 years old from him. My last hancock lurcher was border/beardie greyhound, also from hancock. Hancock told me he wasn't strictly 25/25/50, he had about 9/16 greyhound in him. Anybody else come across this.This was about 16 years ago. Not that it matters, just never heard anybody else mention this.

The thing is mate when you breed say a saluki greyhound x whippet greyhound or any mix for that matter i dont think you will get equall % of the breeds that you put in. the x i mentioned. you cant garentee that you will have 1/2 grey 1/4 saluki 1/4 whippet they may throw to any dogs. just my view.

Just say hese 25/25/50, its as near as dammit anyway mate and it dont matter really so long as he does what you want of him. Mine that i picked up on saturday is border, beardie, grey and i dont even know the percentages, i never remembered to ask! I know hese more grey than collie, i can see the "long dog" in his deep chest and general shape even at just 6 weeks old. Its easy to get to anal about the maths sometimes, just enjoy him mate. Kev. :toast:

Just say hese 25/25/50, its as near as dammit anyway mate and it dont matter really so long as he does what you want of him. Mine that i picked up on saturday is border, beardie, grey and i dont even know the percentages, i never remembered to ask! I know hese more grey than collie, i can see the "long dog" in his deep chest and general shape even at just 6 weeks old. Its easy to get to anal about the maths sometimes, just enjoy him mate. Kev. :toast:

keep us posted on how well your pup does krd,I'd be very interested to follow it's developement,thanks,yis,wirral countryman

Mate i have a first x bitch and for months i couldnt tell how she would turn out. one day she was all kelpie the next day you could see the long dog in her and on other days she looked like a labrador!! she grew from this

DSC_0604.jpg

to this

everything143.jpg

handsome is handsome does

Mate i have a first x bitch and for months i couldnt tell how she would turn out. one day she was all kelpie the next day you could see the long dog in her and on other days she looked like a labrador!! she grew from this

DSC_0604.jpg

to this

everything143.jpg

handsome is handsome does

What a beauty, how tall is she now. How do you find the kelpie temperament, ive heard there supposed to be a bit sharp with strangers.

Edited by wuyang

everything143.jpg

That's a nice Kelpie, Greyhound, Labrador youve got there mate :D