1st Dig and BIG lesson learned!

typical bloody russells in and out like yo-yos ,prob just got a bit shy of the digging noise ,the terrier will hopefully be more confident next time, a bolt isnt a problem but your dog coming away from quarry could develop into one, plenty of lads dig alone(i have to no one likes me)best of luck in the future.

For fucksake, they have only just been entered, baying for over an hour before surfacing is pretty good for his 1st real job. Im more than pleased with the way he worked today. He done me proud! Its no wonder nobody likes you, coming out with shit like that!

Take no notice mate....You have been honest and there is always someone on here ready to knock you fella.You have had some good terriermen comment on this post that quite rightly say you should hold your head up high.

To suggest getting shot of a terrier because it left its quarry after an hour to ground with it and then goes straight back and stays untill the end on his first ever entry.

Now I wonder who really knows what their talking about :whistling::whistling:

ATB

Thanks mate, I knew I would get some shit from some people. Im only just getting into digging, and Im really pleased with how my russell done today. Theres no way I would even think of getting rid of my terrier for surfacing. He obviously hadnt lost interest going by the way he shot back down. Hes just been entered, and has alot to learn.

Im thankful for all the positive comments left by experienced terriermen etc. Thanks everyone

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is whats wrong with thl the knockers come on with little one liner put downs try and string a feckin sentance together lads and give an explantion .. we`ve all had to start somwhere and to be honest some of the knockers only get near a spade in the feckin garden ..stick at it fella and if you ever need any advice pm me ..thumbs.gif

Guest ROUGH COATED

I wouldn't worry to much about it,a terrier i brought on started like that but then one day he just CLICKED and worked very good marked well never false marked and stayed till dug,

Unfortunately he died to GROUND. enter him to smaller EARTH'S for a season and build him up to it and hopefully he will be a GOOD one.

Good result for first time my old man was looking at this and was going to offer a bit of advice this time you were single handed but if you have someone to help you try and work out if the fox has the dog or thedog has the fox he reckons he's seen bad injuries to terriers due to being drawn when the fox had the hold, sometimes if you wait the terrier breaks free and gets a grip on the fox then you can safelly draw them and dispatch the fox with the gun.Remember it does not take a genius to get a terrier mangled respect your quarry your terriers andyou will have to apologise to no-one for your actions, also join a terrier club you never know when something will go wrong pm me if you need any phone numbers.YIS.

You and your dogs did bloody well. How many folk go off on their own for their first dig with the dogs, the dogs do the job well, you find a fox in the first place and then manage to dig to it. And your dogs certainly dont lack prey drive do they? And you still got a fox to go find next weekend.

good job! :thumbs:

atb

jai.

But yer - get a lurcher :whistling:

Top stuff mate!! And top stuff to all the encouraging posters. As has been said, there would not be many on here that that hasn't happened too. I always look at the eyes of a fox, they are cunning buggers.

Any pix of the Russells??

Edited by Gerard40