unapproachable hunters?!

has anyone else found that alot of hunters even when not working their dogs etc are unapproachable? the reason im wondering is because there is a couple who live in my village, who own a two very useful looking lurchers and i know they're worked. BUT everytime i walk past with my dog and smile and say hi, they grunt in my general direction and carry on walking. maybe they're just antisocial assholes!! :11: :11: :hmm: anyone on here?

Im one of those people :yes: ......because you never know who you are talking to?

a) You could be an anti.

b.) Never let on where you hunt and what quarry is available...it might not be the next morning.

c) Never get into discussions about how good your dogs are...they might not be in the kennels the next morning

d) Bored to death of hearing total strangers tell me how good they & their dogs are, and the look of disbelief if i say i hunt.

Quick story.... A guy walks his sons lurcher and we sometimes bump into each other, he is one of the above, takes the pee about me 'supposedly' hunting, you can tell he does'nt believe i do.

One day i was out and had my cammo bottoms on, well that induced a laughing fit, who did i think i was...army girl, etc etc. (Funny how he never says it to blokes wearing them :hmm: )

Well the next evening i was out and he tagged along, his lurcher likes to run with mine waiting for the terriers to bolt rabbits from the bushes. His lurcher caught one and ran off with it, very much alive. I couldnt believe this guys face he went white, the dog was tring to bring it back to him and he was telling it to go away and kill the rabbit :blink: I could'nt stand it any longer took the rabbit and necked it and gave it to him.

From that day on he has never taken the pee again ;)

Nearly forgot...

e) Im an unsociable recluse :D

MOLL.

i avoid talking to folk because it usually leads to "would you mind taking me out some night"? i lamp and go hunting because its the only time i get peace to myself.....

same goes mate

"can i go with you"?

and if you say no then your a misrable c**t and if you say yes thay ramble on about shite!

nice to go out with like minded but most get pissed off as soon as you get full of crap!

or you get the total stranger that walks half a mile across a field and scares everything of just to say hello

twat :angry:

Somewhere in between me .Talk to anyone but soon get the measure of them ,good or bad .Youngsters are encouraged ,old experts listened to then seive through the bits of info I deem worth hearing .Dont be scared of telling someone they are talking bollocks if you know damn well they are .You will be respected for it . :D

Somewhere in between me .Talk to anyone but soon get the measure of them ,good or bad .Youngsters are encouraged ,old experts listened to then seive through the bits of info I deem worth hearing .Dont be scared of telling someone they are talking bollocks if you know damn well they are .You will be respected for it . :D

Ditto That :victory::good:

when out shooting i often bump into ramblers or people having a stroll i always smile and say afternoon i think it gives a good impression to non shooting or hunting people :big_boss:

Edited by trill