first cross colliegreyhound

hi i have a first x colliegreyhound she is 9months old now so couple more months and she will be ready to start i was just wondering what you guys think of them on the lamp? i heard there meant to be a very good dog for the lamping????and if you guys av pics please show.. thanks

Edited by minzy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my first cross

Posted Images

Seen a mates first cross run on rough heavy ground and it did very well, same dog on my short bowling green type fields wasnt fast enough and like a lot of dogs used its head and wouldnt run the rabbits it didnt think it could catch, yet following night on its owners patch it was boucing rabbits over like a pro.

so to sound boring horses for courses

The genuine f1x i have seen and the one i owned were just not pacey enough for allround work though they are a very easey dog to get on with but imho shine [bANNED TEXT] they are crossed back to another lurcher type wich has and does produce exseptional lurchers in all round work.

The genuine f1x i have seen and the one i owned were just not pacey enough for allround work though they are a very easey dog to get on with but imho shine [bANNED TEXT] they are crossed back to another lurcher type wich has and does produce exseptional lurchers in all round work.

here is a picture of my old retired half cross took quarry day and night not so much long ear daytime but still the odd few

She looks like shes thrown a racey type and like you say not many long ears day time then again thats not wat f1x are used or bred for.atb dell

the 1s i have seen ant got enuf bottle for me thats why a like the beddlington crosses love to see a dog hit cover flat out and catch just my vew any one agree or disagree?

Well if they've not got enough bottle the ones you have saw bud it must by down to how they were entered, a have had collie crosses most of my life and never had any trouble at all with them hitting cover or ie taking quarry

atb keano thumbs.gif

To be honest i have had both crosses but have had a more allround dog [bANNED TEXT] both these hybreds bred together in their resulting offspringthumbs.gif

the 1s i have seen ant got enuf bottle for me thats why a like the beddlington crosses love to see a dog hit cover flat out and catch just my vew any one agree or disagree?

myself coundnt have a dog run like that, only a matter of time before they bust them selfs on barb wire or hidden fence posts but each to their own

had some real good collie type lurchers and well i was lucky to get the pick of litters to go for biggest and strongest they turned out very good dogs by anybodys standard,but saw alot that i wouldnt have ,ive no complainsts with the old line i keep of collie crosses and are game as they come to much so at times but ,i never bred them to be litle show dogs or obeidence winners ,they were bred to riun on land the saluki usaly is the master ,i cant see there is atime i will not have a collie type and meeting keano with ace mnow that he is an adult and some other guys with the good ole collie types they maybe thrive rather than guys like me tioling to decide to what to breed into them as good collie types are rarer now that the bull crosses etc are popular

had some real good collie type lurchers and well i was lucky to get the pick of litters to go for biggest and strongest they turned out very good dogs by anybodys standard,but saw alot that i wouldnt have ,ive no complainsts with the old line i keep of collie crosses and are game as they come to much so at times but ,i never bred them to be litle show dogs or obeidence winners ,they were bred to riun on land the saluki usaly is the master ,i cant see there is atime i will not have a collie type and meeting keano with ace mnow that he is an adult and some other guys with the good ole collie types they maybe thrive rather than guys like me tioling to decide to what to breed into them as good collie types are rarer now that the bull crosses etc are popular

I agree on that whin in mho i think hancock was partcialy to blame for the quality in some collie hybreds.My first lurcher in the 70s was a mixture of collie/grey + beddy/grey bred by a chap called hargraves in lincs .atb dell