first cross colliegreyhound

had some real good collie type lurchers and well i was lucky to get the pick of litters to go for biggest and strongest they turned out very good dogs by anybodys standard,but saw alot that i wouldnt have ,ive no complainsts with the old line i keep of collie crosses and are game as they come to much so at times but ,i never bred them to be litle show dogs or obeidence winners ,they were bred to riun on land the saluki usaly is the master ,i cant see there is atime i will not have a collie type and meeting keano with ace mnow that he is an adult and some other guys with the good ole collie types they maybe thrive rather than guys like me tioling to decide to what to breed into them as good collie types are rarer now that the bull crosses etc are popular

I agree on that whin in mho i think hancock was partcialy to blame for the quality in some collie hybreds.My first lurcher in the 70s was a mixture of collie/grey + beddy/grey bred by a chap called hargraves in lincs .atb dell

saluki grey or pure saluki?

thats what i have mate, she only 21n half but game as they come. how big was yours?

I had a dog of this breeding that was 24tts and a bitch i had was 23t

ts .I wish i had a scanner as i have hundreds of photos of them .I bred pups out of them and kept the line going and out crossing to a saluki/grey in 1990 and producing one of the best allround dogs i have owned.Its a cross i would definately have again and i believe that both the beddy and collie hybreds put together can produce some cracking lurchers.atb dell

yeah i think ill breed her to a saluki greyhound later when she about 5.

A good fast type saluki and you wont go far wrong i wouldent be tempted to put a greyhound or a whippet over her [bANNED TEXT] the time comes.thumbs.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my first cross

Posted Images

had some real good collie type lurchers and well i was lucky to get the pick of litters to go for biggest and strongest they turned out very good dogs by anybodys standard,but saw alot that i wouldnt have ,ive no complainsts with the old line i keep of collie crosses and are game as they come to much so at times but ,i never bred them to be litle show dogs or obeidence winners ,they were bred to riun on land the saluki usaly is the master ,i cant see there is atime i will not have a collie type and meeting keano with ace mnow that he is an adult and some other guys with the good ole collie types they maybe thrive rather than guys like me tioling to decide to what to breed into them as good collie types are rarer now that the bull crosses etc are popular

I agree on that whin in mho i think hancock was partcialy to blame for the quality in some collie hybreds.My first lurcher in the 70s was a mixture of collie/grey + beddy/grey bred by a chap called hargraves in lincs .atb dell

thats what i have mate, she only 21n half but game as they come. how big was yours?

ts .I wish i had a scanner as i have hundreds of photos of them .I bred pups out of them and kept the line going and out crossing to a saluki/grey in 1990 and producing one of the best allround dogs i have owned.Its a cross i would definately have again and i believe that both the beddy and collie hybreds put together can produce some cracking lurchers.atb dell

A good fast type saluki and you wont go far wrong i wouldent be tempted to put a greyhound or a whippet over her [bANNED TEXT] the time comes.thumbs.gif

a saluki grey or pure saluki?

a saluki grey or pure saluki?

Sorry mate a fast type saluki hybred i meant.atb dell

you aint far wrong there poach, heres mine, bred 1st x collie grey x saluki grey/saluki grey good.gif

bred him my self, hes about 9 1/2 months now.

IMG_1758.jpg

and heres my bitch,1st x collie/grey x saluki/grey

flo5.jpg

clapper.gifthumbs.gif Cracking looking dogs taffybull their a credit to you.atb dell