thinking of throwing in the towel

have been thinking about quiting the lurcher game seems to be getting harder to get perrmsion with this ban and all the bad press it seems to have attracted. lost some permison this season due to new owners not been to happy for me to be working my dogs on there land , even though i had worked the land for a number of years with good refferences from the previuos owner and only ever took rabbits wich they have a massive problem with due to a dissused railway line running along side two of his feilds ,i also have good refferences and writen permission form the council to work the railway line and permison from the golf course at the other side of the railwy line. It seem the genuine people who have respected land ,livestock,property and the quarry they hunt are the only people this ban has effected whilest i still see signs of people driving across feilds leaving carcases were they have been pulled down.

Would like to here from other people who stick to the rules and have had similar problems.any way rant over few pics of my teampost-32034-126514369414_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514372892_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514401155_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514404774_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514409316_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514424236_thumb.jpgpic of maggie for benny1 unfortunately we had pass her on to freind in doncaster woking home didnt get on with the terrier will get some recent pics of her for you mate

have been thinking about quiting the lurcher game seems to be getting harder to get perrmsion with this ban and all the bad press it seems to have attracted. lost some permison this season due to new owners not been to happy for me to be working my dogs on there land , even though i had worked the land for a number of years with good refferences from the previuos owner and only ever took rabbits wich they have a massive problem with due to a dissused railway line running along side two of his feilds ,i also have good refferences and writen permission form the council to work the railway line and permison from the golf course at the other side of the railwy line. It seem the genuine people who have respected land ,livestock,property and the quarry they hunt are the only people this ban has effected whilest i still see signs of people driving across feilds leaving carcases were they have been pulled down.

Would like to here from other people who stick to the rules and have had similar problems.any way rant over few pics of my teampost-32034-126514369414_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514372892_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514401155_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514404774_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514409316_thumb.jpgpost-32034-126514424236_thumb.jpgpic of maggie for benny1 unfortunately we had pass her on to freind in doncaster woking home didnt get on with the terrier will get some recent pics of her for you mate

for f*cks sake don't pack it in mate,I'm 51 and still get out everyday with my lot,everybody has bad times and thats what make the good ones great,do you ferret this land?most people have no problems with ferreting,expand your permission knocking on some adjoining farms so you have lots of places to go,I could go on a different piece of land everyday where I am,I have never changed the way I've hunted no matter what the law has done,so long as you have permission your most the way there,be polite to farmers and livestock and don't take d*ckheads with you,your only as good as the company you keep,its always the d*ckheads that mess it up for everyone,chin up and crack on lad,us hunters are made of strong stuff,yours in sport,wirral countryman

Ive got quit a few spots what i work with my ferrets but this was a good place for lamping soft ground no obsticals ,i could start on the golf course then finish on here took some good numbers of this land .I got a great spot last season which i have ferreted farmer very happy asked this season thinking i had my foot in the door if i could lamp it he is a bit reluctant to let me , so havent done much lamping this season and working full time its hard for me to get some ferreting in always relying on freinds to invite me for a nightes lamping not good when you carnt repay the faver. supose your right though think ill have to start knocking on a few more doors

for f*cks sake don't pack it in mate,I'm 51 and still get out everyday with my lot,everybody has bad times and thats what make the good ones great,do you ferret this land?most people have no problems with ferreting,expand your permission knocking on some adjoining farms so you have lots of places to go,I could go on a different piece of land everyday where I am,I have never changed the way I've hunted no matter what the law has done,so long as you have permission your most the way there,be polite to farmers and livestock and don't take d*ckheads with you,your only as good as the company you keep,its always the d*ckheads that mess it up for everyone,chin up and crack on lad,us hunters are made of strong stuff,yours in sport,wirral countryman

very well said mate :notworthy::thumbs:

' Stick by the rules' you say Sunny.... What feckin rules?? You just try to operate within the law, which, these days is getting harder and harder, nigh on impossible!

If you are going to be that defeatist, then go on, take up fecking stamp collectiong or sommat! Anything else bar growing a spine and getting out there and working your dogs. Dogs, that unlike you, live for their work. Dogs that will now possibly have to go to new and not always better, homes, no matter how hard you try!!

Folk should realise that they can respect both land and quarry and live by there OWN rules whilst working their dogs, yes its poaching, yes that involves trespassing but it's also freedom, without restraint and that makes hunting with dogs a whole lot more interesting!!!

Edited by Bosun11

Dont want to sound ignorant , but is it that bad a cross the water, christ we are spoiled over here and if ya ever fancy a session over here to get you back into things then you are more than welcome to visit and hunt, stick with it pal. :thumbs:

' Stick by the rules' you say Sunny.... What feckin rules?? You just try to operate within the law, which, these days is getting harder and harder, nigh on impossible!

If you are going to be that defeatist, then go on, take up fecking stamp collectiong or sommat! Anything else bar growing a spine and getting out there and working your dogs. Dogs, that unlike you, live for their work. Dogs that will now possibly have to go to new and not always better, homes, no matter how hard you try!!

Folk should realise that they can respect both land and quarry and live by there OWN rules whilst working their dogs, yes its poaching, yes that involves trespassing but it's also freedom, without restraint and that makes hunting with dogs a whole lot more interesting!!!

I know what your saying i think there would be very few people on this site that totaly stick to permision we all stray a little but there have been a few people i know who have been pulled, in one instance they turned up with a low loader for his vehical he was on permision, the famer was not happy been woken up at 2am. Even though he produced written permission to the police they instisted in calling the farmer. Now he has to be off the land before 12pm what a waste of 3000acres .I dont fancy loosing my dogs or my vehical for a few rabbits were i live its very flat land, you can be seen for miles and when the eye in the sky is up, its near on impossable to wander. It is very fustrating to enjoy an nights sport when so many people are against what you do, when they know very little about hunting and country life but they still go to Asda and buy there meat! which has suffered far more then a free range rabbit. I just think this sport is getting harder for people to enjoy.

I tried stamp collecting but it was way to much for me! :laugh:

Dont want to sound ignorant , but is it that bad a cross the water, christ we are spoiled over here and if ya ever fancy a session over here to get you back into things then you are more than welcome to visit and hunt, stick with it pal. :thumbs:

Well as it happens my brother gets wed in irland this year going over there for two weeks i did ask his wife to be if any body in her family hunted hoping i could see some proper sport but they havent got back to me yet there out in borneo at the min so hard staying in touch

well said mate could not have put it better myself :thumbs::thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I dont fancy loosing my dogs or my vehical for a few rabbits

You will definately NOT permanently lose your dogs OR your vehicle for rabbiting with dogs!! FACT!!! Its a totally legal form of pest control.

I reckon if you spend some time visiting some local farms you could easily find new land. Operating within the law, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, dont be scared about the fact that the pigs might be hard to deal with, which is usually the case... things are bound to level out in the future and hopefully calm will be restored in the countryside. There is only the Labour government to blame for all this chaos, so at least once they have gone the distance we will be a step in the right direction.

Keep at it, keep it legal, and never give up! ;)

• Like 1

Well as it happens my brother gets wed in irland this year going over there for two weeks i did ask his wife to be if any body in her family hunted hoping i could see some proper sport but they havent got back to me yet there out in borneo at the min so hard staying in touch

Let me know when you are over and I can arrange some sport for you. :thumbs:

This must be the third time this week someone has posted to say they were jacking it in. If its not the hunting ban its the state of the economy meaning that people can barely keep a roof over their head never mind keep and feed dogs!

I think us hunters should stage a coup and overthrow the government! Viva la revolution!

Its some thing i have considerd myself but i know deep down i could not as far as the courseing game goes its well and truly feked.You tend to notice the drastic changes to the game [bANNED TEXT] you are a certain age and i know it sounds selfish but i am glad in away i am at the age i am [49] as me and people older have seen the best of it.The thing since the ban wat has worried me is the confiscation of dogs some thing that was only allowed if you were caught poaching deer or poaching on crown land now it seems they will confiscate them on the flimsyiest of evidence.This only happend to me once before and it was the worst feeling imaginable concerning dogs probably as bad as if you had them stolen.Another thing is the idiots feild driving and smashing fences and taering crops up have been IMHO the straw that broke the camels back.atb dell