Poachers What can you do????

Hi Guys

What a crap day, started on 1st burry, one in the bag in 1st 5 minutes then nothing for 1/2 hour.

So moved on to another, which i had been specially asked to clear as they had been having problems with rabbits getting into their garden, and i knew this was

going to be a good one as i had shot over it in the last 6 months.

Started pegging out on the 1st hole, i thought that looks like a peg hole, no sooner had i thought that, my son says somebody's left a net here, then had a quick look, and found another, the 2 we did find were in such a place that you couldn't have left them behind by mistake, so i am assuming they scarpered pretty quick at some point, "Cos they shouldn't have been there in the first place"

I was 'issed off to say the least, but if who ever it was could have asked to help or brought their ferrets i would have said OK. We all have to start somewhere, but just going and helping yourself doesn't do any good, The most annoying thing was they damaged some fencing while they were at it, and i have had to go and tell the farmer, good job he is a very good friend of mine.

So if anybody reading this, who goes where they shouldn't, please be a bit more thoughtful, do the leg work, (more than that, usually)and think about what you are doing, just go and ask for permission, if they say somebody already does it, ask them for the guys name and number, and give them a bell, they would probably be greatful of the help.

Anybody got any other comments or idea's?

• Like 1

Hi Guys

What a crap day, started on 1st burry, one in the bag in 1st 5 minutes then nothing for 1/2 hour.

So moved on to another, which i had been specially asked to clear as they had been having problems with rabbits getting into their garden, and i knew this was

Started pegging out on the 1st hole, i thought that looks like a peg hole, no sooner had i thought that, my son says somebody's left a net here, then had a quick look, and found another, the 2 we did find were in such a place that you couldn't have left them behind by mistake, so i am assuming they scarpered pretty quick at some point, "Cos they shouldn't have been there in the first place"

I was 'issed off to say the least, but if who ever it was could have asked to help or brought their ferrets i would have said OK. We all have to start somewhere, but just going and helping yourself doesn't do any good, The most annoying thing was they damaged some fencing while they were at it, and i have had to go and tell the farmer, good job he is a very good friend of mine.

So if anybody reading this, who goes where they shouldn't, please be a bit more thoughtful, do the leg work, (more than that, usually)and think about what you are doing, just go and ask for permission, if they say somebody already does it, ask them for the guys name and number, and give them a bell, they would probably be greatful of the help.

I was 'issed off to say the least, but if who ever it was could have asked to help or brought their ferrets i would have said OK.

Cant get no fairer than that fella...good on you...John

Hi Guys

People ,some of them on here ,who say" we don't do any harm the farmer doesn't even know we have been poaching his ground",conveniently choose to forget that in most cases someone has managed to win hard earned permission on it,and by doing it clandestinely they are shitting all over that guy,it might be one of the fella's you have a crack with on here.Either way it's a shitty thing to do imo.

Another reason why legitimate hunters are getting pulled at night ,is because of those who haven't got permission.

Slowly ,but surely the doors are closing ,but some won't see the wood for the trees.

I expect I will get the usual flak ,but thats my take on it.

Hi Guys

People ,some of them on here ,who say" we don't do any harm the farmer doesn't even know we have been poaching his ground",conveniently choose to forget that in most cases someone has managed to win hard earned permission on it,and by doing it clandestinely they are shitting all over that guy,it might be one of the fella's you have a crack with on here.Either way it's a shitty thing to do imo.

Another reason why legitimate hunters are getting pulled at night ,is because of those who haven't got permission.

Slowly ,but surely the doors are closing ,but some won't see the wood for the trees.

I expect I will get the usual flak ,but thats my take on it.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Hi Guys

try this for a good one to sh&& the arse off them

he he

regards john

Edited by johnmac666

if agiy kindly takes you out and shows you bits you should have the decency to ask him first and if he minds i rarely take guys out now fot that reason as why give thirty years of knowledge for nothing unless you want to pass it on to trusted sorts but not many