treadmills

Even if they did they not gunman admit it. But a true lurcher man will train his dog himself walk the same route on daily walks slave over the stove every day to cook the same meals with the same nutrience skinned his game the same every night cook the same pot and do it happily as he knows the dog is worth it and no matter what never get bored. So if you do cheat your dogs fitnes u not a true lurcher man

There was quite a long thread within the last few weeks regarding the use of tread mills, i was amazed that people actually people use them, saying that i'm still amazed that some people don't keep their dog on after its finished its working life.

Personally i prefer the old fashioned road walking, a run in the park, fetch a ball or frisbie a run in the woods etc.....Tread mill in the wrong hands...poor dogs :wallbash:

depends on how you use a mill to condition a dog, people seem to think you just put them on and and leave them to walk and thats it ,think not,,,, , there is a bit more to it then that ,, how do you think the bulldog is conditoned .. far more goes into there keep for 6wks then most people no about,not just about walking or running a dog its what goes on after that, cg uses a mill cant say his dogs are not fit,,how you use them counts,most greyhound trainers have got a mill about them ,but for lurchers must be a 6ft bed one, human ones are not long enough to use for a lurcher /greyhound,

Edited by nicksringo

a mate of mine has made about 20 in the last 4 years all going to greyhound men . the parts alone brand new cost about £950 . you could do it cheaper by using second hand parts but it getting your hand on them . By the way i am selling the one i made if any body is interested .

no where there is a doulbe one for sale in essex will put ad up for it

The mill is a great bit of equiptment,and those that say their a lazy mans way out of geting involved with his dogs are talking crap.I had 2 on the go at one stage.terriers,lurchers and bullterriers all were worked on them and they never lacked stamina and always were road walked as well.Its quiet obvious those that make silly remarks dont understand the dynamics of working a dog on a mill.

depends on how you use a mill to condition a dog, people seem to think you just put them on and and leave them to walk and thats it ,think not,,,, , there is a bit more to it then that ,, how do you think the pitbull is conditoned for match, far more goes into there keep for 6wks then most people no about,not just about walking or running a dog its what goes on after that, cg uses a mill cant say his dogs are not fit,,how you use them counts,most greyhound trainers have got a mill about them ,but for lurchers must be a 6ft bed one, human ones are not long enough to use for a lurcher /greyhound,

mate this is a hunting site in the lurcher and running dogs section who the fk wnts to heer about pitbulls unless they bread with a greyhound comeon lurcher lads bk me up here

depends on how you use a mill to condition a dog, people seem to think you just put them on and and leave them to walk and thats it ,think not,,,, , there is a bit more to it then that ,, how do you think the pitbull is conditoned for match, far more goes into there keep for 6wks then most people no about,not just about walking or running a dog its what goes on after that, cg uses a mill cant say his dogs are not fit,,how you use them counts,most greyhound trainers have got a mill about them ,but for lurchers must be a 6ft bed one, human ones are not long enough to use for a lurcher /greyhound,

mate this is a hunting site in the lurcher and running dogs section who the fk wnts to heer about pitbulls unless they bread with a greyhound comeon lurcher lads bk me up here

its about condition a dog on the mill .be it a jack russell to a mastiff, you can do any type of dog on a mill stew, thats the point