going to ground

first of all you need to make sure if theres anything in the holes, difficult if you dont have another dog that will mark them, maybe he wont go in because theres nout in ther, :thumbs:

keen but wont go in might not be any think at home

altho some are running to ground at an early age, 12mths is still young so i would'nt be to worried about it.

as others have said, you can't beat a ready working terrier to show a young un the ropes. i'd advise against being over the top in encouraging him to ground willy nilly, as this can get them false marking just to please you, and digging a great hole for f**k all will give the the severe hump. slowly slowly catchy monkey, if it's in the dog it'll come out sooner or later...

Yokel

altho some are running to ground at an early age, 12mths is still young so i would'nt be to worried about it.

as others have said, you can't beat a ready working terrier to show a young un the ropes. i'd advise against being over the top in encouraging him to ground willy nilly, as this can get them false marking just to please you, and digging a great hole for f**k all will give the the severe hump. slowly slowly catchy monkey, if it's in the dog it'll come out sooner or later...

Yokel

very well put :notworthy:

all i done with my jrt is i went ferretin and kept sum live rabbits and put the rabbit in the entrance to the hole wile showing the dog the quarry and it just flew down after it and never looked back after a few goes it worked for me some people might have a better idea for you but this is what i done atb jedandlevo