First kill of the year and with new gun..

Here is the firsy kill of this year for me. A hen Pheasant.. And it was with my new HW100KS .177.. Shot it yesterday after aboult half hours mooch. I was well happy to christen the gun with this. I was using Bisley Magnum pellets, they seem to be really good.. I haven't looked into threads about what pellets these guns seem to like, but I am guessing the heavier, like 10.4 grains are the ones.. I have some FX pellets at 8.4 grains but not tried them yet.. any guide on this would be aprechiated.. Hope you all had as enjoyable weekends as I have had.. :D

firstkillof2010newgun.jpg

Cheers guys, I am lucky enough to have some of the most beautiful Cornish countryside to shoot on..Thanks to a very good friend of mine.. I had a walk over there today too without the gun though.. It was just stunning..

I am currently sorting out a hide a bought from a local army surplus company..

They have everything in there! But real proper stuff though. It is mad I could spend so much.. Good for camo clothing, nets, allsorts really..For example I got a 8m x 8m camo net for £32!! I thought that was a steal..It was used but good condition..

I will get some photos of some of the gear they sell, and put them on here. As I know we all can't afford the silly prices asked for all this realtree stuff in the shops..And I manage perfectly well with the good old woodland camo gear..

I will put up some pics of the hide soon.. as I managed to get the only two they had.. so when I have it sorted, I will do the other and put it up for sale on here.. I just have to thicken the camo up on them really..

And if anyone needs anything army surplus type stuff let me know, and I will see if they have it. And if it's reasonable, I will gladly get it and post it..just pay me via paypal, I have a good 100% seller rating on ebay as a guide to my integrity..

For example, the jacket I am wearing in this photo is a Gortex Para Jacket.. like new!! £20 they have stacks of them..

20-7-09shooting.jpg

Nice shooting mate - ill have one of the goretex Jackets in a Large mate if they have one - post to Hornchurch Essex and ill PP you the money

Let me know if you can

Brett

Hi chap, I will be going there shortly and I will check see what they have for you, it's always a bit of a lottery but shouldn't be a problem..I will PM you as soon as I get some info..Cheers, Mark.