bullx and hares

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no irish bobs not woolly hat bob 2 different people . it was woolly hat bob that breed a litter from tiny (bull x)( pit general lines) to a saluki x dog . out of this litter came irish bobs rambo . g

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,

Posted Images

thanks 4 your reply lads keep them cuming ive seen a few take them in the lamp.

i had a 1st cross that took them throo the day , think he was a 1 off he wasnt heavy but had strong head bought him as pup from boy in wales he was out of a 26inch greyhound bitch and the sire was 22inch bull calld joe montana that came from runcorn , dog hit fence post last year and snapd his neck he was 8 best dog i've owned , RIP skip

1/4 bull 3/4 grey or anythink more to a pure grey would be the best option.but a friend told me that his 1st x bull grey caught one witch i sensibly told him to try somewhere else to make a story up so he dragged me out his house and took me and to a field where his bitch caught a hare but i told him to run another and he said no the 2 she has caught was with luck and hees going to quit while hees ahead with hares with 2 slpis and 2 hares.personally i think if you want to run hares choose another cross unless a 1/4 bull.atb shaun.bit long i know sorry :thumbs:

i had a 1st cross that took them throo the day , think he was a 1 off he wasnt heavy but had strong head bought him as pup from boy in wales he was out of a 26inch greyhound bitch and the sire was 22inch bull calld joe montana that came from runcorn , dog hit fence post last year and snapd his neck he was 8 best dog i've owned , RIP skip

joe was from south as he was owned by a close friend of the family

sorry mate i'm just going on what the lad told me , i only seen photo of the sire he was red nose dog , is that the same dog ?

does any body own a bullx cross that could take hares pre ban quite easy cheers lads happy hunting.

spot on scotty, but there was a good dog a few years ago i heard of called rambo owned by irish bob,wich was out of a first cross bull greyhound and a pure saluki i think

that would be true billysboots and if im not mistaken rambos brother was general and this dog could do the :thumbs: doand would irish bob be the same man as woolly bob :thumbs:

Edited by BBHLFC

sorry mate i'm just going on what the lad told me , i only seen photo of the sire he was red nose dog , is that the same dog ?

this is the joe dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=33751

does any body own a bullx cross that could take hares pre ban quite easy cheers lads happy hunting.

spot on scotty, but there was a good dog a few years ago i heard of called rambo owned by irish bob,wich was out of a first cross bull greyhound and a pure saluki i think

that would be true billysboots and if im not mistaken rambos brother was general and this dog could do the :thumbs: doand would irish bob be the same man as woolly bob :thumbs:

would that be the general bred in plymouth mate?

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog :icon_redface: ..all the best ..chris..