Air Arms S400 Classic Cocking Bolt?

On my mates AA s400, the cocking bolt (silver thing which you cock it with!!) sometimes pops up when taking a shot and seems to blow all the air out at you, has anyone else had the same problem?

It can be remadied by putting your thumb on it and holding it down as you shoot - it doesnt do it all the time either, just occasionally - the thing is i've seen people on youtube holding their thumb on it like this?

Cheers

hi lee

go to halfords get a set of O rings and slip one over the bolt,so when you load the pellet and slide it in place. this O ring will keep it a tight fit and it wont jump back :thumbs:

job done

hope this helps!

regards

davy

On my mates AA s400, the cocking bolt (silver thing which you cock it with!!) sometimes pops up when taking a shot and seems to blow all the air out at you, has anyone else had the same problem?

It can be remadied by putting your thumb on it and holding it down as you shoot - it doesnt do it all the time either, just occasionally - the thing is i've seen people on youtube holding their thumb on it like this?

Cheers

mine does that to mate not all the time but it does pee you off, wander why it does it does anyone no

i've not had it personally happen to me yet but it's happend to my mate a couple of times, i've seen it, and blown air into his eye.

I think the reason it does it is not enough friction on the cocking bolt - as Davy says stick an O ring on it and it will give it some, stopping it!

• 13 years later...

Hi guys , I have the same problem , also , cocking the rifle can be a real struggle at times . It's a great gun , but it puts me off using it as it can be so difficult to load . Any help would be most appreciated . thanks , martye

• 2 months later...
On 15/10/2023 at 22:51, martye said:

Hi guys , I have the same problem , also , cocking the rifle can be a real struggle at times . It's a great gun , but it puts me off using it as it can be so difficult to load . Any help would be most appreciated . thanks , martye

Hi Martye, it seems to happen to some of the older AA guns,  I had a 200 which would do it every now and then but of course never when it didn't matter.  I was told there was nothing you could do with it and as I am not good at techy stuff with air guns so I moved it on to the rfd I bought it from. There is a guy on 'Airgun forum' who is a whizzo with AA guns but there are some very clever guys on here who may be able to give you the info to sort it, good luck with it.

Phil

On 02/01/2024 at 22:10, philpot said:

Hi Martye, it seems to happen to some of the older AA guns,  I had a 200 which would do it every now and then but of course never when it didn't matter.  I was told there was nothing you could do with it and as I am not good at techy stuff with air guns so I moved it on to the rfd I bought it from. There is a guy on 'Airgun forum' who is a whizzo with AA guns but there are some very clever guys on here who may be able to give you the info to sort it, good luck with it.

Phil

Errr think you may need to go to spec savers Phil 

This was posted 2010 

My old friend 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Errr think you may need to go to spec savers Phil 

This was posted 2010 

My old friend 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This guy posted 13 years later in October 23 so perhaps my eyes are okay and you need a trip to the optician Jimmy 🤣😙🤣😙🤣 and I thought I was an old tart.................

Phil

On 05/01/2024 at 00:35, philpot said:

This guy posted 13 years later in October 23 so perhaps my eyes are okay and you need a trip to the optician Jimmy 🤣😙🤣😙🤣 and I thought I was an old tart.................

Phil

Well may be its him that needs to go to spec savers then 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1