Best Carp Baits

Guest Fishaben

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are so many good baits out there these days,there isnt really an excuse for anyone to use a bad bait,they have boomed in the last 20 years or so...for instance...iff you were a bait company field testing a bait,you get your field testers on a water where there are big fish...you fill the water in with the bait,everyone fishing the lake is usuing that bait,the next few weeks reports on fish caught from that water,were on that product.....its going to be,it was the only bait going in there,but the public read about it,and hey presto,its suddenly the in bait..!!how many fish have been caught on the tutti-frutti"s over the years...thousands,and its still catching fish today,a method or style may blow for a while,but baits i"m not so sure,there are still tons of big carp being caught on maggots and worms,sweetcorn ,bread etc...yes the boilies give the edge when trying to avoid nuissance fish,but never be afraid to try something new,sometimes this carp fishing lark can get overcomplicated iff you read into it to much,like the lads say,keep it simple and iff it aint broke,dont fix it....

Guest Fishaben

cheers for the reply Hafod, some interesting tips in there. and I see what you mean about keeping things the same in the sense that if its still catching fish theres no need to change.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Fishaben
  • 3 weeks later...

one of the prettiest linear mirrors i have caught,around the 18 pound mark....a 5 day session on a lake,every evening i would feed a few handfulls of active 8 pellets under my feet in the margins and every morning they were gone,i did not introduce a bait on the pellet till the last night ,in an hope to gain there confidence on the free offerings,a bait introduced on the last night amongst the free offerings in the margin produced this fish,,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fishaben

nice catch hafod and I see how you built confidence in the fish with the pellets before trying to catch them. And red leicester cheese, thats a new one, you learn something new everyday, especially on here.

Keep 'em coming

cheers

Ben