RABBITS IN TREES

WELL THOUGHT I HAD SMOKED :angel: WELL WENT OUT IN THE JEEP TO A ORCHARD I HAVE DRIVING ROUND THEN I SPOT 3 RABBITS IN A APPEL TREE, :icon_eek::icon_eek: !!!!! YES IN A TREE,, THE LITTEL f****r ARE UP A TREE EATING THE BARK OR WHAT UNDER THE BARK ,,,, :wallbash: I CHECKED SUM TREES , AND IT LOOKS LIKE BEARS HAVE BEEN AT IT (MR RABBIT ) ANY ONE ELES SEEN THIS??????????? :thumbs:

There's a warren I ferret.

One part has a hollow tree & the rabbits go up inside (from the warren) & come out of a hole about 5' up the trunk.

They eat bark so I'm not surprised to hear of climbing rabbits.

used to have a couple warrens exactly like this when i was a youngster,so not suprised either :thumbs:

I've seen rabbits, and consequently rabbit damage 5-6 foot up trees. Things are bad for them now, grass is covered over and they're starving. I've been holding the dogs back this last week as it dosent seem like sport. Fair enough if your hunting for genuine pest control, especially in orchards as they will be getting hard hit, but sport hunters should be laying off them til the thaw in my opinion. Same with the pigeons, round here the are just dying. Loads sat around on the side of the road just feathers and bone. This weather hits them hard as they cant feed and are burning up tons of calories to keep warm. Theres a big difference between hunting and just killing.

Same here ive a hollow tree in the middle of one burrow and you have to drape a 5 foot purse net round the trunk to catch the bolters

In a graveyard the lurcher pulled up at a old yew tree poked in her head and pulled out a rabbit that was at least three foot of the ground