doe and calf

i was going rough shooting but thought i would have a look for a deer first i arrived at the wood about 7 20am still dark. the lane up to the wood was still covered with snow i drove the car to the entrance of the wood. the gate which is locked i had to defrost the lock then got back in the car but could not pull off again so i reversed back down the lane to get a run at it but no good got stuck again :wallbash: well eventually i got the car out but decided to leave the car on the main road and walk in. it was the easiest option i got into the wood took my rifle out of it case, and hid the case, and set off. the snow was quite deep and i didnt hold out much hope of seeing a deer although there were deer slots everywhere. it was like walking on cornflakes. then i saw a fox but it was gone before i could get a shot. i kept walking as quiet as i could then i spotted a deer eating some bramble not 40yds away unbelieveble, it had not heard my approach. so up with the rifle i shot and over it went. i waited a few min to make sure it was dead, then as i was looking down through the woods i could see another about 90yds up on the sticks and number 2 was in the bag. now the hard work was to come i had to drag both of these down to the main road eventually i got them both down to were i could get the car too, i was knackerd, but i was well chuffed. on to the rough shoot now i had a nice walk about and the tally for the day was 2 deer, 5 pheasants, 2 squirrel, 1 wood cock and last but no means least 1 rabbit it turned out to be a good day.

post-29585-126306668194_thumb.jpg

post-29585-126306674209_thumb.jpg

Are you travelling to shoot wboulter, as I wasn't aware there were much in the way of Deer in South Wales (apart from one small area :whistling: ) :hmm:

[/

i do my stalking on the welsh borders there not loads there but enough to keep me happy :boogie:

Good on you, I thought you may need to travel abit :thumbs: