Gull shooting ???

You can still shoot Lesser Black Backed Gulls

but not Herring Gulls

It's Herring Gulls that were removed from the Licence.

Greater Black-Backed still on?

This is the list as from 01/01/10

2. For the purposes set out in paragraph 1 above, and subject to the terms and conditions, below, this licence permits:

(i) Authorised persons to kill or take any of the wild birds listed at [a] and below, to take, damage or destroy their nests or to take or destroy their eggs:

[a] Crow Corvus corone

Dove, Collared Streptopelia decaocto

Gull, Lesser Black-backed Larus fuscus

Jackdaw Corvus monedula

Jay Garrulus glandarius

Magpie Pica pica

Pigeon, Feral Columba livia

Rook Corvus frugilegus

Woodpigeon Columba palumbus

Goose, Canada Branta canadensis

Parakeet, Monk Myiopsitta monachus

Parakeet, Ring-necked Psittacula krameri

Edited by Colster

Thanks for the info lads :clapper:

Another quick question though : Is the Lesser Black Backed Gull smaller than the Herring Gull , as i would hate to shoot the wrong species by mistake , while they are in flight ,

John :unsure:

Thanks for the info lads :clapper:

Another quick question though : Is the Lesser Black Backed Gull smaller than the Herring Gull , as i would hate to shoot the wrong species by mistake , while they are in flight ,

John :unsure:

Judging size in flight is difficult anyway, I remember taking my first Herring Gull, the odd year or two back now, out with the 12g for a bit of Pigeon, rabbit, whatever and a pair flew over!

Swung and shot and it seemed to take about a fortnight before the thing hit terra firma, it kept getting bigger and bigger all the time, seemed the size of a helicopter by the time I walked over to it!!

Lots of info on gulls on the web, have a look, there are none of us perfect but you need to do your best to "Know your Quarry"

Cheers

If you wounded a Ring-Neck Parakeet and killed it by hand would it be a Wrung-Necked parakeet? :whistling:

Ric

:clapper::clapper:

On a slightly more serious note I have several sites from Maidenhead eastwards with these f*****g Parakeet.

Noisy, destructive buggers, stick to the trees, NEVER seen any on the ground and usually stay high in the canopy!

They are not going to be easy, as they are easily disturbed, but they are an ever growing menace!

Suggestions as to how they arrived range from London Zoo escapees to Film set escapees to deliberate personal (pet) release! Whatever, they seem to be thriving and I am pleased to see them on the General Licence this year!! :thumbs: