beddy or weaton crooss

chris is right in what he is saying, the chances are a wheaten greyhound will be a bigger heavier built lurcher than the bedlington x but if you pick your breeding right then you can get a good beddy x iv got a bedlington whippet greyhound x bedlington greyhound and too be quite franquel she is built like a brick shit house shes only 6 month nd shes 23" and shes broader and heavier than my mates bull greyhound pup thats 3 months older, a good beddy x will do everything a wheaten x can, but i do think i might invest in a wheaten x in a few years too come just too try something else!

• Like 2

bullshit ( im probably goona get hung for saying this lol) i have to disagree a beddy x will do what a wheaton cross will do it same as the old argument a wheaton x is as good as bull x the foundation dogs that are used in the breeding are bred over years for diffrent jobs i.e. the beddy was used for vermin control ratting digging. the wheaton was used for drawing and got penalised if he made a sound whilst doing his job so is mute and bulls were bred for fighting iv seen both work and beddy xs can dog the job iv got one myself but wheaton xs are a diffrent kettle of fish iv seen my mate runs countless times.

Pictures of meg 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy

P1010022.jpg

P1010037.jpg

bigshrimp,

Collie blood would in my opinion make a better cross for a first time lurcher/working dog as the beddy blood is strong willed and requires a bit of experience to get the best out of the dog (based on the above dog)

fencehopper,

I concure a beddy greyhound would "outsmart" me on every count

Simon

spitting image of my dogSTIRLING_2722011_002.jpg

• Like 1

saw both type of dog prefer the wheaton i saw ,beddies sometimes to yappy and lack a bit pace and if over taxed start yelping but saw dogs with just a tad beddie spot on ,nicest beddie i saw was rambo at amman valley 93 fine stamp of a dog ,

saw both type of dog prefer the wheaton i saw ,beddies sometimes to yappy and lack a bit pace and if over taxed start yelping but saw dogs with just a tad beddie spot on ,nicest beddie i saw was rambo at amman valley 93 fine stamp of a dog ,

The thing that concerns me about Rambo is he was held up as the "flagship" of the breed, i saw this dog on video and it was embaressing................

never saw him work my mate had apure beddie about same time but while it had anose didnt bring anythin to the table thta we hadnt seen localy ,saw cattle colies beardie type were a lot bigger stronger meaner than his beddie ,but thats another story ,,rambo looked the part as i says never saw him work yet to see pure beddie greyhound i wanted ,there guys who have threeqaurter gereyhound beddies collei cross beddie saluk beddie crosses decent animals but never saw a strait first that i would had said was better than anything ive saw mate , were i have seen a good few wheatons 1996 ,saw a few that could fill a,bag long before they were over popular, a lot of peole like the beddie the rough coat the look of a traditional lurcher there will be some out there but not saw many

theres plenty working beds about but most like to keep to there selves will admit though wouldnt say there pure beddie think 1/4 lakey added to the line spices them up some and fills them out as any one crossed the bedd wipp /grey to a wheat wipp/grey ? as you say though think alot of the bed x are more about cash than working abilty as the type is very popular round here its all about doing ur home work instead of just buying on looks alone but there are some great bed x about think its down to the buyers to not just buy on impulse which happens far too much

Edited by dave goodall

Neither there both shite :laugh: and ive got a wheaten cross :laugh: still want to know where all these tested bedlingtons are that find there way into running dog blood :whistling:

well ive a 2nd x weaton hound here mate and id put him up against any x on watever quarry u like mate has a 3/4 hound collie bitch a very gud bitch my dog every bit as gud a little faster maybe and ive owened a very gud 3/4 hound bull worked all game loved anythin tat wud bite bac not as much as this lad nt tat he gets bit much serious killin power jus rattles its like every lurcher x good and bad in em all u do need to breed from provin workers doh atb

I run a first cross beddy/whip and its a proper ninja cant fault . and i know people with wheaton x's and they are ninja's to . but plenty of both breed dont make the grade as with every other breed of dog you will ever come across . try a beddy whip or beddy grey cross with a wheaton first cross see what comes of it .