Search for the ultimate lamping system!!!

Hello everyone

As a keen lamper I am also keen to find new cutting edge kit to make my hunting experience as good as possible.

Have owned a few lamps now and to be fair nothing i have seen compairs to the 'lightforce 170 variable power' as a hand held lamp. However i do think that this system could be improved in ways such as better sound profing, it is a little plastic clunky if you know what I mean, lets not mention LFs diabolicle wiring ay! Also the potentiometer knob controling the Variable Power could be a little easier to operate being replaced with a slide switch next to the trigger button.

Dont get me wrong I think that LFs 170vp is excellent, but am interseted to hear other peoples opinions on it and other comparitable lamps, has anybody imported anything special from the states, does anybody know the state of play with LED technology etc.

Also how are people getting on with the new lithium polymer battery packs as I am thinking of making my own higher Amp hour version.

Look forward to your responces

Regards

RavenMoon

I have the Blitz VP and dont find any probs with the vp switch,they are notorious for the bad wiring so you try to sort that out straight away before you take it on the field. At the end of the day how much better or simpler do you want/need it????

I know in an ideal world we would have a lamp the size of a pen with a 1000m beam and thought controlled VP, but we dont live there so I am happy, more than happy with what I have at the moment. There is another thread about "The perfect lamp" on here somewhere.

I also own the blitz but found that was a little on the bulky side hence the striker, now hardwired blitz into hilux. I too think that the LF lamps are like I say the best ive seen on the UK market and had my fun rewiring my lamps and a few friends. Was really more interested to see if anyone has found something comparitable from overseas as I have looked myself and cant seem to find anything that comes near. Reason for the question is that we have recently introduced a new young lamper and am going to get him started with some second hand kit after renewing my 4 season old 170.

Cheers

Raven

Thanks for your reply salukixlad, interested to find out why you rate the night stalker lamp better than the 170 have you done any comparison tests, without googling myself is the night stalker available with variable power??? to be fair i could mod it myself anyway but would be nice of the shelf.

Regards

Raven

Do not buy a Night Stalker!!! :icon_eek: unless you want to light your feet up aswell as your quarry, the beam is atrocious :thumbdown:

I've been using the Deben lithiom ion battery for the last four months which was an expensive piece of kit :icon_eek: and I do not rate them at all :thumbdown: the beam is a lot brighter from a 50% charged sealed lead acid battery :thumbdown: Has anybody else had a problem with the lithioms??

Do not buy a Night Stalker!!! :icon_eek: unless you want to light your feet up aswell as your quarry, the beam is atrocious :thumbdown:

I've been using the Deben lithiom ion battery for the last four months which was an expensive piece of kit :icon_eek: and I do not rate them at all :thumbdown: the beam is a lot brighter from a 50% charged sealed lead acid battery :thumbdown: Has anybody else had a problem with the lithioms??

i dont rate the lithiom much i bought 1 about a month ago and i find the beam alot better

with the lead acid battery only good thing about the lithiom it lasts longer and its

alot lighter to carry round the field

RAVEMOON.THE NITESTALKER THERE IS 3 TYPES OF UM THE NE I USE AS A 100 WATT ZENON BULB IN IT AND ITS THE SAME SIZE AS THE STRIKER AN THE BEEM IS MORE POWERFULL AND THE SPOT CAN BE AS GOOD AS THE STRIKER IF NOT BETTER BUT THE BEST WAY TO KEEP A GOOD SPOT IS RENEW YOUR BULBS EVERY SO OFTEN MY LAMP WAS MENT TO BE £65 I GOT IT FOR £50 AN IT COME WITH A FREE RED LENZE BUT I DONT USE FILTERS SO FREW IT AWAY.LAMP IS FROM TONY'S CAMMO SHOP

there is a video clip on u-tube of a lightforce unit being tested for strength, it is bounced off a concrete floor again and again , it is also shot at with a shotgun , the plastic doesnt smash into pieces , try and watch it ,surprised me, by the way the worst thing on the striker is the click the on ?off button makes,

Edited by codmaster127

There are two types of lithium packs on the market:

1. lithium ion

2. the new lithium polymer

obviously the LI one is already dated has anyone got any founded comments about the LP packs. Which I believe will soon also be dated due to development of cells for laptop computers.

"Toshiba Corporation has announced a breakthrough in lithium-ion batteries that makes long recharge times a thing of the past. The company's new battery can recharge 80% of a battery's energy capacity in close to one minute, approximately 60 times faster than the typical lithium-ion batteries in wide use today. The battery also has a long life cycle, losing only 1% of capacity after 1,000 cycles of discharging and recharging, and can operate at very low temperatures"

I will be monitoring this closely and will be looking at making myself a belt loaded with an ample quantity of these cells.

So please tell me your experience as it seems people are saying that the new technology isnt beating the oldskool at the moment in terms of power and range of the beam.

post-45169-126254473527_thumb.jpg