kerry blue

wheaton powder puff balls, the working wheaton which there some strains around are as game as any staff or pitbull and some lads breed true working type and i seen a dog call bear work and maybe if bushranger saw this dog he might change his opinon about the breed.kerrys just about good guard dogs and will mind property well but workers no, show yes and breeders no problem charging 600euros a pup which equates to

roughly 550 sterling nice money if thats your game and maybe thats all they should be considered for. give me a true working dog, border which are getting harder to find,paterdales,lakeland working type,russels or any crossbreed of these.the otherthing which i find hard is the price for some pups of working strain a small fortune what happen to breeding for your own use and a reasonable money for a pup to friend or for free to keep the strain around. i never sold a pup for money and not ashamed to say bought rubbish for good money and bought a few handy dogs over my 30 years in dogs, got sense over the last ten to fifteen years and tried to breed my own. leave kerrys to the show scene.sorry for going off on a different tangent re topic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, breeder i bought my bitch from, has had his dogs given back to him, because they are so agresive they bite all, dogs people. He breeds german shepahrds also, and his opinion is they are very tough......he tries to breed it out, of them

another breder, breeds all show small terriers,also huskys and german shepards too vs these dogs the kerry is still trully Irish to say the least.

IS he game, well jig they are not bred to be any more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bushranger this debaate could go on and on and never the twain could meet....but ask yourself this,WHY WOULD YOU DO A REPEAT MATING OF 2 DOGS THAT HAVE PREVIOUSLY PROVED TO BE UNTRUSTWORTHY TOWARDS PEOPLE?He has been given back dogs from previous litters for being nasty,hes just a money man by the sounds of it.Breed even though they have a bad trait?Havent we enough of that in the press at the moment?I too kept bull terriers for over 20 years and gave up on them only a few months ago,not worth the grief anymore i reckon.Just because the kerry blue are agressive in the extreme doesnt mean they are game to the last.It usually means the complete opposite,and IF you were into bull terriers of a sporting nature for the period of time you profess to have been you should know that.In fact the dogs you mention doing the testas mhor trials were anything but people aggressive,they would have been decidedly touchy with other animals but not with humans.They knew what their role in life was and it wasnt biting its master or his family or anyone else for that matter.It would not have been tolerated by the good dog men of yesteryear.Just put yourself in the position of seperating a dog from his quarry knowing hes going to turn on you next,dont think youd be volunteering to be the one to do so.And yes you got it right by calling them b*****ds :clapper: im not going to comment again on this matter but it was good to read your thoughts on the subject.Best of luck in the future and mind the cheeks of yer arse with that dog of yours :thumbs:

Come on dont be scared of a kerry, at biggest its 20kg, and they bite others not family members. German Shepards in numberes have killed more people than any other breed, and they probably are the best police working breed in canine world. wallaces Bullysons had a guard dog temperament, you cant say he wasnt game.......in fact there are a large percentage of pits that are unstable.

I Know jig that the usual thing is for profesional fighting dogs to be good with people, but you know thats not always the case

Edited by bushranger

But, breeder i bought my bitch from, has had his dogs given back to him, because they are so agresive they bite all, dogs people. He breeds german shepahrds also, and his opinion is they are very tough......he tries to breed it out, of them

another breder, breeds all show small terriers,also huskys and german shepards too vs these dogs the kerry is still trully Irish to say the least.

IS he game, well jig they are not bred to be any more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

a wheaten is one of the gamest terriers that ever walked,stick to the pit bulls and kerry blues ,let em at it :boxing:

Bushranger this debaate could go on and on and never the twain could meet....but ask yourself this,WHY WOULD YOU DO A REPEAT MATING OF 2 DOGS THAT HAVE PREVIOUSLY PROVED TO BE UNTRUSTWORTHY TOWARDS PEOPLE?He has been given back dogs from previous litters for being nasty,hes just a money man by the sounds of it.Breed even though they have a bad trait?Havent we enough of that in the press at the moment?I too kept bull terriers for over 20 years and gave up on them only a few months ago,not worth the grief anymore i reckon.Just because the kerry blue are agressive in the extreme doesnt mean they are game to the last.It usually means the complete opposite,and IF you were into bull terriers of a sporting nature for the period of time you profess to have been you should know that.In fact the dogs you mention doing the testas mhor trials were anything but people aggressive,they would have been decidedly touchy with other animals but not with humans.They knew what their role in life was and it wasnt biting its master or his family or anyone else for that matter.It would not have been tolerated by the good dog men of yesteryear.Just put yourself in the position of seperating a dog from his quarry knowing hes going to turn on you next,dont think youd be volunteering to be the one to do so.And yes you got it right by calling them b*****ds :clapper: im not going to comment again on this matter but it was good to read your thoughts on the subject.Best of luck in the future and mind the cheeks of yer arse with that dog of yours :thumbs:

i wouldnt trust any of them game dogs around kids,they change when their worked,i know of a fella who just saved his child from his wheatens after they got her on the ground,they were playing at first then she started screeching and the dogs went stone mad,he just got there in time

Come on dont be scared of a kerry, at biggest its 20kg, and they bite others not family members. German Shepards in numberes have killed more people than any other breed, and they probably are the best police working breed in canine world. wallaces Bullysons had a guard dog temperament, you cant say he wasnt game.......in fact there are a large percentage of pits that are unstable.

I Know jig that the usual thing is for profesional fighting dogs to be good with people, but you know thats not always the case

Are you for real jigsaw is trying his best to explain things to a thicko who wont even listen to experience.If you knew anything about dogs you would not ask such stupid questions.As for any experienced dog men on here being afraid of a kerry the kerry should be the one to be afraid of them.As for your knowledge on trials were you their to see all them game kerrys because i was and i never saw them.Stick to listening to f*****g idiots who just want your money.

Liam i was not asking………i was provoking thought about the way dogs evolve, and how the world moves away from game dogs, look around you. People wanting a wheaton terrier are not asking in general if its game, look for yourself on the internet, find a breeder who is into hunting . Look to all terriers past and present, what is the 90% of the wheaton, a nice family dog. I was not at the trials but i read into people that where their before you liam, its dog history. And course its ridiculous to be afraid of a Kerry that’s the point of it. Dogs should be afraid of the chineese that eat them over their.

from my experice and i have seen one work and it failed to do its job.they are not game dogs if your going to use them for drawing dont waste your time with them.the 2 i seen were not bad with other dogs.