kerry blue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As any one worked or seen a working kerry blue terrier or a cross with one.Thinking of getting one but no very little of its work and breeding.

There is only information about its show type.

cheers.

Only seen two bush/beat.

Both owned and are dressed in dog coats by the same annoying person pretending to be a country person. So doesnt count really.

Both useless pets.

good guard dog thats about it, i hav,nt seen a working one in nearly 30 years ans i don,t trust them around small dogs, kids or livestock

snappy and cranky b*****ds, better off with a wheaton working type or glen of imal or irish terrier where there might be still a few working strains left and even there hard to find. wheaton best bet, lad lives beside me and his kerry blue keeps trying to kill my border bitch so

have to always have blackthorn stick handy.

Likewise, i can't stand them as a breed.

A guy walks his 2 kerry blues near me. His young dog took a hold of my little whippet one day and we had to strangle it off. Luckily no damage was done.

It tried the same on the same dog a couple of months later, but unfortunately for it, I had my big dobermanns with me this time, who took exception to the whippet being chased. My dog dobermann stepped up to the mark and took the kerry blue at the back of its neck as it chased my whippet in small circles. There was blood and his dog had to have its ear stitched.

The main moral of my story is, whenever the cowardly Kerry Blue now sees my whippet, dobermann present or not, it keeps a healthy distance and merely growls.

A guy walks his 2 kerry blues near me. His young dog took a hold of my little whippet one day and we had to strangle it off. Luckily no damage was done.

It tried the same on the same dog a couple of months later, but unfortunately for it, I had my big dobermanns with me this time, who took exception to the whippet being chased. My dog dobermann stepped up to the mark and took the kerry blue at the back of its neck as it chased my whippet in small circles. There was blood and his dog had to have its ear stitched.

The main moral of my story is, whenever the cowardly Kerry Blue now sees my whippet, dobermann present or not, it keeps a healthy distance and merely growls.

Good story that zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks for the comments.Still nothing about there work though.The cross sounds good.

I may look into other breeds and crosses.A terrier a bit leggy and rough coated.beddy whippet or deer cross beddy whould be perfect put none about? why is this anybody no please?

cheers for the past comments again lads and lasses.

dont waste your time looking for one for work they have not been worked for years and are not worth a w**k very agressive around other dogs and kids stick to something that is still doing abit what work do you wnt a dog to do for you or are you looking maybe to use as a cross for a lurcher still not advisable plenty of other types you could use

Good story that zzzzzzzzzz

LOL, you're right, it was a load of boring waffle when I could have just said they are just about the most ugly uselss little feckers on 4 legs. Aggresive poodles.

Edited by tdavepat

The Kerry Blue likes to fight and is agresive,, will take hold of other dogs in a fight,,and will bite people.. has a guard dog temperament.

Try this web page http://www.calixkerries.com they have jack russels too

Some shite talk on that web page.Money people.For the record has been said on here loads of times allready.THEY ARE DIRT NO GOOD ON BADGER FOX OR AT FIGHTING.WINDY f*****g b*****ds WHO ARE ONLY GOOD FOR BITEING CHILDREN