my ferrets and there run

this is my two chief workers, the light coloured one is called clinger, just because when you pick her up she clings on with her claws, the other is yet to be named, i just call her chief as she's the main one.

The hutch is a chicken coop turne up on its end, the black pipe you see on the out side runs all the way round the hutch back in then up to the nest and theres another one that drops straight down in to the run below, they love it go crazy running round the pipes. cost 100 pound for the hutch and me and a mate went halfs on the pipe,

all taken with my phone camera,HTC HD2

Hope you like

030.jpg

027.jpg

024-2.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

017.jpg

this is my two chief workers, the light coloured one is called clinger, just because when you pick her up she clings on with her claws, the other is yet to be named, i just call her chief as she's the main one.

The hutch is a chicken coop turne up on its end, the black pipe you see on the out side runs all the way round the hutch back in then up to the nest and theres another one that drops straight down in to the run below, they love it go crazy running round the pipes. cost 100 pound for the hutch and me and a mate went halfs on the pipe,

all taken with my phone camera,HTC HD2

Hope you like

030.jpg

027.jpg

024-2.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

017.jpg

nice job you done,they look happy :clapper::clapper:

nice looking ferrets , i am taking a liking to the polecat markings, nice little set up as well, does the piping sway up & down when the ferrets run through ? mine have got similar piping & its funny watching them run through the pipe as it changes levels steeply , it gets them fit for running up to a stop end & turning rabbits or keeping them there

regards & Happy New Year john

thats not a bad set up, however i just wondered how you are going to be able to clean the bottom section out as i couldnt see a door.also to save all the litter spilling out the bottom on to the yard why not get a few strips of old ply or skirting board tacked up all round to stop it spilling out.not being crittical mind,its just i had same problem with my ferrets rooting shavings n stuff out

ref why didnt i put it the other way, i used to have it that way but i noticed the ferrets spent more time climbing than they did running around, as there is only 2 of them there is plenty of space for them to run around on the bottom wich they both do, ref cleaning if you look the second section up is a door just below there sleeping area it folds down and gives me full access to the bottom so easy cleaning, ref the pipes yes they do move around but have found it dont bother the ferrets and makes it look quite good as they run up and down them.

Ref the cleaning part on the bottom, in a couple of days of to buy a massive rubber matting that will fit under neath willl make cleaning easy. both ferrets love it and bot nice and healty, just need to clip there claws.

thanks for all the good remarks people,

Thanks

Fraggle

• 3 weeks later...