1930s Rat Trap

lrg_rat_death.jpg

there was a campaign, led by one of the sunday papers against the fur trade in the 60s ,the paper was showing a device that was being used in canada against the larger fur bearing animals,it was a very basic rifle barrel with a piece of meat attached to the muzzle, sometimes the rifle barrel was on a swivel with multiple baits,when a bait was pulled ,the gun lined up and fired,i think it was quickly banned for being to indescriminate, but at the time there was thousands in use ,OTC may have a picture or some litriture about them.

Guest LancsUK

In no relation to the rat trap but I thought it would be best to ask u lads. Are fox trap cages illegal? Ive heard off a few people its a hefty fine if caught with one but off others they are fully legal if the fox has a water / food supply?

Thanks.

In no relation to the rat trap but I thought it would be best to ask u lads. Are fox trap cages illegal? Ive heard off a few people its a hefty fine if caught with one but off others they are fully legal if the fox has a water / food supply?

Thanks.

Fox cage traps are perfectly legal, if made to british standards and set with permision for fox control. The captured fox should be shot humanely when inspected, no need for feed and water as its not being kept as a pet is it!