red ring of death

hello my xbox 360 has had the red ring already but i had it fixed the x clamps removed and its now got the rrod again after about two months of it working if i was to put some more thermal paste on would that cort the cpu and the gpu out ? i have looked all over the net on how to fix it but if just says remove the x clamps but i dont no what to do if they have already been removed is my xbox nakerd and need new one ? i have been lookin on ebay can get kit to fix the rrod for a couple of pund atb flinty

hello my xbox 360 has had the red ring already but i had it fixed the x clamps removed and its now got the rrod again after about two months of it working if i was to put some more thermal paste on would that cort the cpu and the gpu out ? i have looked all over the net on how to fix it but if just says remove the x clamps but i dont no what to do if they have already been removed is my xbox nakerd and need new one ? i have been lookin on ebay can get kit to fix the rrod for a couple of pund atb flinty

its f****d mate get a new one,a mate of mine sent his of three times and each time it lasted about a month and was nakerd again.is it the full ring or just one or two red lights.if its the full ring then yer f****d

do you know how to take the case apart with ruining it?

if so

remove motherboard

remove 8 bolts holding the heat sinks in place

clean off old thermal paste from both cpu's

re apply new thermal paste

finger tighten bolts back in place

fit motherboard back in bottom of unit

add the drive and connect

DO NOT RE FIT THE FANS

re fit front board and ring board

PLUG IN THE POWER SUPPLY AND SWITCH X BOX ON, you'll need a small screwdriver to depress the middle button

let the x box overheat(feel heatsinks to make sure its getting hot) leave to overheat for no more than 4 minutes and 15 seconds

un plug

using tea towel to grab heatsinks

remove motherboard and tighten the 8 bolts up, gently and evenly

let motherboard cool down for an hour

re assemble

plug in, should have green lights back again

I did mine months ago, and still works fine

i have the xbox case off drive unpluged now all bolts from under the motherbord out but it dunt seem to come out when i try to lift it up it seems like the xclaps are still there so i dont no [bANNED TEXT] they did to get it workin when i payed a shop a couple of months ago do i need to remove the xclamps ? atb thanks for serious replys flinty

once you have the metal casing apart, you need to

unplug and remove dvd driver

unplug and remove fan and housing

grab hold of the large heatsink and lift up, its not screwed down

what fix did they do :hmm:

on underside of motherboard

if theres what looks like 4 sticky pads, these are heat disapaters fix (cheap and dont work)

are the x clamps still fitted?

two large silver bits of metal, look like big X's

if they are still there, none of what Ive said above will work, as the x clamp fix hasent been done

this is the website I used, it cost me around £18 to join, to get the instruction video's for repair, plus around £15 for stuff bought from maplins, thermal paste,cleaner etc,

but in my eyes, £33 for a working x box wer'nt bad, plus you can then fix others

http://xbox360redlightfix.com/index.php

im guna to go into town in the morning and try and get some thermal paste and remover and just try and put some more on see it or works and i need the t8 to get the power button off will let you no if it works atb flinty