LIGHTFORCE HID CONVERSIONS

Some pictures of a 170 striker conversion, 35 watt hid, the beam on these things are mad gunsmilie.gif.

The overall weight of the converted lamp is 1lb 10oz.

post-23151-126419752539_thumb.jpg

post-23151-126419757584_thumb.jpg

post-23151-126419762391_thumb.jpg

post-23151-126419767159_thumb.jpg

feel free to pm for more info.

im just wondering is the black box at the bottom stuck to the lamp or is it seprate. im just wondering if it comes to dazzle the rabbit when using lurchers would the box come loose when in use, am very interested in this system. thanks

Love this as an idea - don't see too much of an issue on cost as you make out Merle either - the benefit is clear. I imagine they get a bit hotter though - any experiences on filters melting? Do they work with a dimmer switch?

My only main question would be on whether a HID bulb produces enough IR range light when using an IR filter for NV.....would mean another lamp.....(no issue for gadget freak me, but Mrs O might have something to say.....)

Don't give up - the parts should start dropping in value soon

Cheers

Love this as an idea - don't see too much of an issue on cost as you make out Merle either - the benefit is clear. I imagine they get a bit hotter though - any experiences on filters melting? Do they work with a dimmer switch?

My only main question would be on whether a HID bulb produces enough IR range light when using an IR filter for NV.....would mean another lamp.....(no issue for gadget freak me, but Mrs O might have something to say.....)

Don't give up - the parts should start dropping in value soon

Cheers

These lamps run at half the temp of a standar lightforce ,, good for bulb life,:thumbs: .

Not sure on the i.r ,, fella.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Merle,

Just tried to PM you but no luck.

I've had a problem with 2 strikers overheating and was googling HID as an alternative which came up with your conversion.

Excellent stuff! And just what I'm looking for with the lower run temperatures and better light ....... are you by any small chance doing conversions again? Or even supplying DIY kits? I'm after two initially.

I look forward to hearing from you,

FBW

Hi, I've just read through the whole of this thread ! Would it be possible to do a bullet point summary of;

Advantages

Disadvantages

Options for each Lightforce

Options for other lights if any

Cost of each option

Additional weight

Nothing elaborate, just a quick summary rather that using PM's etc.

Many thanks

Edited by fireblade_rrw
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...