ratting

when rating and smoking rats out for the terriers what kinda of pipe is best to use im using a THICK old peice of hose but it gets too hot too quick. hydraulic hose seems too smaller bore and cuts the engine out,im at a bit of a loss, any idea,s as my terrier,s getting as frustrated as me!!! :diablo:

Edited by mussells

in all honesty ive got a smoker bought it for £30 and wish i never, ive used it twice maybe, if your dog has any sort of nose on it, it will mark where the rats are, and you have to dig or move debris until you get to ratty, i dont like smokers as once the engine is on and smoke is coming out it spoils the scent for dogs and if the rat moves without you knowing the dog cant scent it as well as its lungs are full of smoke as well.

others may have had success with them but to me they are a waste of time.

also i welded a thick bit of pipe onto my exhaust and then put hydraulic hosing onto the pipe, works ok but as i say i dont like using it.

Try and find a place which manufactures hydrolic hose pipes, I got a length from such a place (cant remember the name of the place :blink: ), not the hydrolic type but another type (i forget which), the length I have can stand heat up to 200 degrees and isnt hot to touch!!! had the same length of pipe for about 6 years now, just attach it to my different smokers with a jubilee clip.... job done!

we use a strimmer engine we cut the tapered end off a metal tent pole about 4 inches long then welded the cut end over the exaust outlet with the tapered end sticking out .the othe peice of pipe fits over this with a jubilee clip and as the pipe is about 18 ins from the engine heat is not a problem with any type of hose

100_0188Small.jpg

100_0189Small.jpg

good hunting all woodga :ph34r: