what kind of gun do i need?

can anyone help i want to get my husband a good gun for x-mas i know nothing of air guns etc so need some sound advice from someone who uses them.

he currantly hunts with his lurcher and ashe is ex-army has shooting experince and would like to try his hand at it but i dont know where to start?

weare on a budget so nothing to dear but i dont want anything that will fall to peices after a short use

any ideas?

Hiya and welcome,

You will want to buy him a type of gun called a Spring Air Rifle. This uses a spring to shoot the pellet and is cheaper than most other types.

Depending on your budget (I'm assuming you want to buy him a new rifle for Christmas as opposed to a second hand one) I think you should budget about £250

Two rifles worth looking at are a BSA Supersport and a Weihrauch HW99, they're both in the sub-£200 price range.

You will also need to buy a scope (the telescopic mounts on the top) go for something like a 4x32, 4x40 or 3-9x40. You should be able to buy a decent brand name one new for less than £30.

Other things you'll need are;

scope mounts (£10ish)

pellets (£10ish)

You could possibly put a kit together at a cheaper cost, but trust me when I say the guns mentioned above are absolutely superb and they're as good as many other guns costing 2 or 3 times as much.

Hi Mrs Notjustforboys,

Have a look at this. The deal is on at the moment from Blackpool Air rifles

BSA Meteor Mk6

Complete with

BSA Essencial 4x32 scope with mil-dot reticle for extra aiming points

2-piece mounts

Fleece lined bag

Quality pellets selected for best performance from your rifle

Catalogue selection including Airgunsport Guide

Next working day delivery

Everything you need to start shooting!

BSA Meteor Mk6

True Brit Starter Kit .177 cal inc BSA Essencial 4x32 mil-dot scope £179.00

BSA Meteor Mk6

True Brit Starter Kit .22 cal inc BSA Essencial 4x32 mil-dot scope £179.00

As you can see you have a choice of 2 calibres .177 or .22, both will knock bunnies and birds over easily. Ask your hubby which calibre he would prefer.

Blackpool Air rifles can get the rifle ordered to any local gun shop in your area to save you travelling far.

Their number is 0844 826 8448.

Regards

Zini

post-2627-125978557966_thumb.jpg

thankyou all thats given me something to go on now i can at least do some checking about now i have an idea what im looking for , he dosent know he is getting it so i cant get him to involved thats why i asked, you have been a grate help thankyou!!

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

I'll tell you where to go to get a decent deal, as you can no longer buy over the internet.

There are some good shops about, but there are some muppets who just want your money!!

Matty

Have you tried R.Mcleods in Thame?

And the small fee to have it delivered to your local RFD is likely to be more than any potential saving your are likely to make. Just doa deal with your local.That way if it goes Pear-shaped or you need advice..he is there!

14 LAMINGTON STREET, TAIN, ROSS-SHIRE. IV19 1AA.

Tel: 01862 892171

Fax: 01862 892859

its a little bit away, but he is pretty good!And we have had to ask him to sort a centre fire rifle out under guarantee, which he did with out issue!