how do you get your dogs fit

Guest rickhunt

get her on some wild pigs mate make her hard .looks like she needs more food skinny.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get her on some wild pigs mate make her hard .looks like she needs more food skinny.

What the feck??????????????

Buster you have been brain washed redmils better than barf

DOG= CARNIVORE = MEAT dead simple in it

DOG = CARNIVORE = DRIED VEGETABLE MATTER i dont think so

20 milloin years dogs have been eating flesh , and you think milled dried veg is what they need

Tomo Dogs are not carnivores, they are omnivores! They eat everything...............

also wolves etc in the wild eat the gut content

Gut content = milled vegetables

my old dog went to pieces when we changed from meet to dry complete, when we lived in wales we had a local source of meet and tripe, then when we moved we put him on a compleate working mix, he beacame un-fit starting getting hurniers and all sorts (huge vet bills) so any dogs i have now i feed raw.

Im going to try barf, It sounds like the way to go for me. I cant see how redmills can be better? Iv read the bag my current food is in and it looks like a load of shite I wouldnt want to live off it :no: Shall I mix in cooked root veg? Im sure iv read somewhere that some people do?

Thanks for the help

David

20 milloin years dogs have been eating flesh , and you think milled dried veg is what they need

Tomo Dogs are not carnivores, they are omnivores! They eat everything...............

no mate carnivores not ominvores you are wrong. whilst thay will eat other food they are definatly CARNIVORE. IF YOU DONT BELIVE ME LOOK IT UP. you have a computer in front of you.

in fact its quite obviouse realy being the latin order of dogs is ' CANIDAE' THERE ARE 37 RECOGNISED SPECIES

wolves are pack animals and when they kill everything is eaten! they dont kill to eat gut contents my dogs are on barf and will thieve meat if left out yet i have never seen them raid the veg basket open in the kitchen i have always questioned veg in the barf diet if it is needed why does it have to be cooked and mushed up?

Shall I mix in cooked root veg? Im sure iv read somewhere that some people do?

Thanks for the help

David

No Mate, if you are going to feed veg then it should be raw and pulped, in simple terms cooking the veg killes off a lot of the goodness, and dogs cannot digest whole veg.

the reason for the pulped veg is to replicate the veg in the gut content of prey animals, the recognised amount for dogs is said to be around 10%. some people feed it, others just feed meat, I like the more varied diet. Dr Billinghurst amongst others have several good books out on the subject.

Personally I do this.......

I mix minced meat and tripe, fruit/veg, a dash of cod liver oil and a bit of garlic puree, then I weigh it into 1lb tubs and freeze it.

My 1 dog "May" is on just over 2lb of food a day, so she gets a 1lb tub of meat/veg mix in the morning then her meaty bones in the evening.

her meaty bones consist of just over 1lb of.............

chicken/turkey carcases, turkey necks, turkey wings, whole rabbit (gutted and skinned), whole gutted fish (usually trout), pork neck bones.

hope this is of at least a little help mate, :good:

To all the people who think the barf diet is the top b*****ks go on the topic what i have brought through and see what parkstone whippets think to the redmills, i feed redmills for the performance :whistle:

These dogs win alot of races, does that tell you something. :yahoo:;)

the first part of a animal a dog eats is the stomach content,they allso eat sheep shit horse shit to supplement their diet,and when they eat grass its not just because they have bad stomachs like eveybody thinks.

get yourself a book called give your dog a bone,by dr ian billinghurst it goes into great detail on dog feeding,alot of reseach and tests-you cant argue with scientific facts,it allso tells you which vitamins to give with which and which not to mix.

To all the people who think the barf diet is the top b*****ks go on the topic what i have brought through and see what parkstone whippets think to the redmills, i feed redmills for the performance :whistle:

These dogs win alot of races, does that tell you something. :yahoo:;)

You also swear by Chudley's according to to your post in that topic. :wacko:

instead of trying to incite an argument just let people do their research and make up their own mind,

If you love "complete foods" then great, I hope your dog doesn't get cancer or drop dead years before it's time, my dogs don't race they hunt and I can afford to lose the odd fraction of a second safe in the knowledge that they are getting the best possible diet, . and if their life is brought to an early end it won't be due to something I could prevent.

If you read the rest of PW's post you will also see the other obvious benefits of natural feeding in regards of coat, condition and temperament

Happy hunting, :good:

the reason you shouldnt feed dry food tinnedfood or any cooked food is this-

if any thing is cooked you kill the natural enzymes in the food,the body then has to produce these enzymes to break down the food,this then damages the liver and kidneys and increases the ageing process.if a quality dog food is fed a dog will run perfectly fine,i know of dogs that are only fed this and are very good dogs,i allso know of dogs that are fed raw chicken every day of their lives and they are allso very good dogs.i personally feed a mix of averything.each to their own,whateva does well for you