kerry blue at trials

thank you for the great read mate :thumbs:

absolutely, great read, thank you.

cheers,

emirelfaruk- can't remember where i lifted it...

EMIRELFARUK.gif

bianka kerrydom

chbiankakerrydomcrosstherubicon.gif

its a pity they were ruined by them show people cause they were ment 2 be a real game terrier in there day,damo.

henry melenzee

chhenryvmelenzeebraudagkennelsrundtfamilyczech.gif

http://www.kerryblue...?g2_itemId=1528

Imagine feeding that bag of shite.

its a pity they were ruined by tem show c**ts cause they were ment 2 be a real game terrier back in the day of them trails,damo.

They were allways shite.

not a kerry blue fan then liam :laugh:

What ever gave you that idea?:laugh:

classic haha

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terriermen at a show in the 60s. Co. Carlow I believe.

I've got a few some are mine others are close friends and relatives of the men that kept them dogs. Most of them are not with us anymore, so seeing this forums a bit slow at the minute I thought I'd s

Posted Images

thank you for the great read mate :thumbs:

absolutely, great read, thank you.

cheers,

emirelfaruk- can't remember where i lifted it...

EMIRELFARUK.gif

bianka kerrydom

chbiankakerrydomcrosstherubicon.gif

its a pity they were ruined by them show people cause they were ment 2 be a real game terrier in there day,damo.

henry melenzee

chhenryvmelenzeebraudagkennelsrundtfamilyczech.gif

http://www.kerryblue...?g2_itemId=1528

Imagine feeding that bag of shite.

its a pity they were ruined by tem show c**ts cause they were ment 2 be a real game terrier back in the day of them trails,damo.

They were allways shite.

not a kerry blue fan then liam :laugh:

What ever gave you that idea?:laugh:

classic haha

That was classic.

It is a shame they have been ruined by the show people.

Show people have ruined nearly every single breed, but they act like they are the saviors & stewards of the dogs.

LOL, LOL.

Any time every web page of every breeder has a full page devoted to the genetic problems & mutations rampant with in the breed you have real problems, & that is so many of the showdogs. Stewards of the breed, lol. They promote bad genetics w/in the breed, dmf's....but God forbid you dock a tail, lol, whacko's.

What working line of hunting dogs out there has rampant diseases running thru the bloodlines??

None of them, why, because they know how to breed & only the good ones get to breed,- like it's rocket science.

I do like the breed though, I knew a cool neighborhood one once, & it was a good guard dog.but i believe russia would be the only place left to get maybe a " worker ", not earth dog, but real guard dogs & farm dogs.

It's a shame a hunter doesn't revive the breed, but why i guess when you have 50 yr old proven lines about free of genetic defects...

I wouldn't revive it as an earthdog anyhow, it's too big now & too late & too many real proven ones around,

but revived as a gundog, busher, ratter, guard. You'd need to cross to a real working line staffy or bull 1st thing, imo, then maybe go from there, or it probably wouldn't even be worth the effort, ...isn't that how they keep the wheaten lines hard?

I've never seen or heard of a real wheaten in the states, & the show kerries look like they'd rip the wheatens up. They have real small heads & don't even seam interested in fighting, lol.

cheers & Merry Christmas.

Edited by dwolf

100% way to know what you have got is to test your stock.

Wheatens and Kerrys where tested in dog fighting and badger baiting for gameness and fighting ability.

90% of show breeders would not be interested in testing their stock. As breeds, show stock wheatens and show stock kerrys, kerry have more fight in them = they have better show breeders maybe. In the Begining the kerry was a legendery Irish dog more known for gameness than the wheaten. In the 1960s quality breeders of the working wheaten lifted the breed up as a working dog, sadly looks like the old timers of the kerry went with their dogs. The Irish seem to have forgoten their breeds. Kerrys as workers, i have heard they are nore interested in Northen England.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

100% way to know what you have got is to test your stock.

Wheatens and Kerrys where tested in dog fighting and badger baiting for gameness and fighting ability.

90% of show breeders would not be interested in testing their stock. As breeds, show stock wheatens and show stock kerrys, kerry have more fight in them = they have better show breeders maybe. In the Begining the kerry was a legendery Irish dog more known for gameness than the wheaten. In the 1960s quality breeders of the working wheaten lifted the breed up as a working dog, sadly looks like the old timers of the kerry went with their dogs. The Irish seem to have forgoten their breeds. Kerrys as workers, i have heard they are nore interested in Northen England.

I dont think Kerry blues ware used for fighting , thats just another myth put on them, I always wondered what they ware for , as they are not specalized at anything..?

• Like 1

Good article there STABS ,very good write up on PETER GORMAN ,

AND MAY ALL CREDIT GO TO THE MEN WHO,S STILL KEEPING THE WHEATEN GOING .

HERE HERE JIMMYS SHOP :toast: :toast: :toast:

this thread is almost 3 years old! Hard to believe.

Good article there STABS ,very good write up on PETER GORMAN ,

AND MAY ALL CREDIT GO TO THE MEN WHO,S STILL KEEPING THE WHEATEN GOING .

HERE HERE JIMMYS SHOP :toast: :toast: :toast:

this thread is almost 3 years old! Hard to believe.

why ?

because the last post was made by jimmys shop in november 2009 then it was restarted by steel toecapboot on 1st october, its been lieing dormant for nealry 3 years.

f**k me it is very hard to get thru to people on this site.People who have had experiences with them have said on here over and over again THEY ARE USELESS ALWAYS HAVE BEEN,so why all the waffle if you cross them to this,if you cross them to that,you might get whatever? They were as gasey as a show Lakeland(hold me back and let me at him)nothing more.