Cats are lovely .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite what compelled "wiltshire trapper" to trawl back two months to resurect a post that at the time was topical but is now no longer newsworthy I would'nt even bother trying to guess.

Maybe he and some of the people who've added to the post feel better for publically venting their hatred of cats . Well feel free though for my money hatred for any animal is not an emotion worthy of a true hunter.

Maybe he and some of the people who've added to the post feel that trappers should not bother being selective in their targets or minimising risks to non targets . Again, feel free to feel like that .

Maybe he and some of the people who've added to the post take some sadistic pleasure in knowing that an animal spent -at an educated(and informed) guess- five minutes thrashing round a back-garden in terror before slowly asphyxiating to death.

With a couple of exeptions most people have completely missed the point of the original post..

If it's been resurrected as an excuse for a rant or arguement ,feel free to carry-on ,without me .

You'll be playing with yourselves and I'm sure there is a word for that !

Edited by comanche

The cat is still someone's pet that they no doubt cared for in the same way people care for a dog. I should imagine a pet being killed in a poorly protected trap would cause cosiderable upset.

All those who expressed joy and happiness at 'one less cat in the world' what if that was your childs pet.....would you like to see your chilt distressed over the loss of their pet.

A loss that could have easily been avoided. The whole point of trapping is to exclude non-target species. The target species was a rat not a rabbit. The simple addition of some two inch weldmesh over both ends of the tunnel would have excluded the cat completely and if the tunnel couldn't be secured against pets then maybe a fit for use rat box and break back would have been the better option.

I agree with what your saying comanche! If I was doing a rat job, around farm buildings or domestic garden etc where there could be a pet cat, id make double sure the trap was housed in a tunnel that would specifically target the problem species and deny the cats entry. However, my origional post on here, was that pet cats get away with far too much, and in my humble opinion, should not be allowed free reign to do as they please.

If the law allowed the destruction of cats causing damage on private property, their owners would certainly think twice about letting their vermin wander the countryside. Just imagine how many hundreds of thousands of our native songbirds and small mammals would survive!

Whist checking my fox traps this morning at a school, I discovered a moggy in one for my traps and it had stuffed it's fat face with my cat food bait. I obviously released it, but tied an invoice to its collar for its owner to compensate me for a tin of Felix !! :D

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

I am not fused on cats but its the owners I have a real :censored: problem with. They all feel it is acceptable to let their pet roam at will and then when something happens to Tiddles they blame everyone else but themselves. Cats are a major predator of birds and small mammals. If I had a dog and let it roam the streets kill things I would have the old bill kicking my door down and throwing me in the cells. But cats thats fine let em kill what they want. I have yet to meet a cat owner that does not have a story about some dead animal their cat has brought home.

Do not even get me started on cat cr*p :wallbash:

Edited by RogerTheCat