advice buying a battery 24v sds drill for work!

As it says in the title i'm looking to get a cordless drill don't want to pay much for one as we've had a dewalt 24v that packed up in no time! we've had a makita 24v which lasted a fair while but eventually packed up so now just looking to get a cheap one and i'm wondering does anyone have any experience with the b&q's own make version? Seen them there today with 2 batteries charger and case £109! The drill will be used for drilling 7mm (brown plug) holes for hanging radiators just to save me dragging a 110 lead through every room in a customers house. The other choice is the ryobi which is about £100 more. Whats your thoughts guys? Just want to add that we are currently using dewalt 12v cordless driver and touch wood it's been great (just to show i'm not slagging dewalt off cause i usually rate them :D ) Any input welcome! even if only used for diy.

iv had millwaukee mikita and bosch on a dewalt now it was two for 150 with 4 batteries from my wholesaler but my best was my millwaukee sds brill bit of kit picked it up off ebay i think it was 200 worth every penny next was bosch ok clutch kicks in alot when ronnie corbiting out a 4" fan hole here are some links

the milwaukee shown is identical to my drill and trust me mine is used and abused and has still got loads of life

milwaukee

bosch

Why not send the De Walt in for repair?

Ive sent 2 hammer drills back and they have repaired them FOC

Makita kit is ok but I wouldn't bother with B&Q cheap tat batteries dont last long and take up to 3 hours to charge

Cheers for the reply mate! the dewalt drill we sent back and had our money back. i'm thinking the same about the b&q as they are only diy but had a cheap jcb cordless before and that was brilliant. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm tempted by the wickes one to be honest as well, all the wickes stuff i seen has been very good but i did read that they are really made by draper and labelled wickes? may save a bit and get another dewalt!

iv had millwaukee mikita and bosch on a dewalt now it was two for 150 with 4 batteries from my wholesaler but my best was my millwaukee sds brill bit of kit picked it up off ebay i think it was 200 worth every penny next was bosch ok clutch kicks in alot when ronnie corbiting out a 4" fan hole here are some links

the milwaukee shown is identical to my drill and trust me mine is used and abused and has still got loads of life

milwaukee

bosch

Cheers for that mate ;) i think we had the bosch one with the first plumbing firm i was with? sure we had problem with batteries on it? the drill will only be used for 7mm holes got a 110v drill for the flue holes and any other holes ;) whats the price on the milwaukee's new? Atb Kristian.

I have an AEG it came with 3 batteries and it came with a lifetime guarantee even on the batteries. I've had a battery replaced under the lifetime warranty and all i had to pay was postage. You really do get what you pay for..

Cheers for the reply mate! the dewalt drill we sent back and had our money back. i'm thinking the same about the b&q as they are only diy but had a cheap jcb cordless before and that was brilliant. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm tempted by the wickes one to be honest as well, all the wickes stuff i seen has been very good but i did read that they are really made by draper and labelled wickes? may save a bit and get another dewalt!

I could be wrong but the latest Wickes power tools look like the Erbauer brand that Screfix sell ,i have had a few of there cordless drills and they were very good .

Buy Hilti mate expensive but the bees knees used em for years :thumbs: only problem is theyre very nickable

We use a Hilti breaker drill brilliant bit of kit but to be honest was thinking of getting a cheap 24v sds but the more i think about it i'm thinking just save the extra cash and get a tidy one lol i.e Hilti or Milwaukee? No one use the cheap b&q ones?

Buy Hilti mate expensive but the bees knees used em for years :thumbs: only problem is theyre very nickable

We use a Hilti breaker drill brilliant bit of kit but to be honest was thinking of getting a cheap 24v sds but the more i think about it i'm thinking just save the extra cash and get a tidy one lol i.e Hilti or Milwaukee? No one use the cheap b&q ones?

ive had my dewalt now for 6 years and its just packing up its the 24 volt cordless and i have to say its been the best one ive had and ive had a few being a carpenter