Unbelievable Night

Well as promised the good lamping weather arrived. It had been blowing a gale all day but unfortunately it was also hammering down with rain. This apparently put off my usual sparring partner who is fast becoming a bit of a lightweight in the lamping stakes. Anyway by Midnight which then became 11'00pm as the clocks went back I got my self ready and loaded up the truck. Arrived at my first destination, the rain was still quite heavy but the wind kept most of it out the way. Not much about and only managed three runs and two bunnies.

So back in the truck and headed for my second piece of ground parked up in the housing estate and walked the mile and a bit to the field I intended to lamp. I had high hopes for this bit as I had left it alone for months and when I last checked it 3 weeks ago it was teaming with rabbits. Anyway got to the gate and flicked the lamp on and the bloody field had been ploughed not a rabbit in sight. Into the next field nothing, not even a mouse. On the way back toward the truck managed to pull one that was sitting in its seat.

Last throw of the dice I thought I'd do my old stomping ground it never fails always holds bunnies no matter what....well it does when you've got 5 drunken eejits running about the field singing at the top of their voices. Unbelievable 2.00am in the bloody morning (or 1.00am if you've put your clock back by now) in the middle of a soaking wet field 5 young muppets who have probably drunk a half bottle of bucky between them singing about causing hassle where ever they go. Well they certainly did that as the field sits next to a boarding kennel and the 4 legged occupants joined in with the singing. Cue all the lights in the house going on and the occupants having a rant about phoning the police or letting the dogs loose on them. Well any further plans went down the swanny so trudged back to the truck pissed off wet and cold....the best laid plans and all that shit.

post-17796-1256437718.jpg

Edited by undisputed

bad crack that eh mate? reminds me a little of a time i was out, not quite middle of nowhere but far enough, lamping fields when all of a sudden......."how you getting on mate?" some bloke standing right behind me, to say i shit myself would be an understatement.

Guest C U JIMMY
bad crack that eh mate? reminds me a little of a time i was out, not quite middle of nowhere but far enough, lamping fields when all of a sudden......."how you getting on mate?" some bloke standing right behind me, to say i shit myself would be an understatement.

:laugh: Same thing happened to me many moons back.

i had bad un last night aswell , conditions perfect got to grond flicked on beem to jump a brook all ok got in field flicked swicth and f all , the lamp had melted all the wires yet again :realmad: tossing deban stikers that two this year ive had & solderd this one at least for times.

At least you got out Undi. :thumbs:

i had bad un last night aswell , conditions perfect got to grond flicked on beem to jump a brook all ok got in field flicked swicth and f all , the lamp had melted all the wires yet again :realmad: tossing deban stikers that two this year ive had & solderd this one at least for times.

The exact same thing happened to my lance on Monday night. :wallbash:

... got to the gate and flicked the lamp on and the bloody field had been ploughed not a rabbit in sight. Into the next field nothing, not even a mouse ...

So er... you do much lamping for Mice then? :rofl:

LOL I'll lamp anything mate ;)

never been lamping, only been into 'hunting' past 5 years and thats just daytime rabbiting with ferret and bedlington, would love to have a go, provided the farmer who i have current permission from is o.k, how much should a lamp cost and what should i go for?

greg

... got to the gate and flicked the lamp on and the bloody field had been ploughed not a rabbit in sight. Into the next field nothing, not even a mouse ...

So er... you do much lamping for Mice then? :rofl:

LOL I'll lamp anything mate ;)

:lol: Fair play, take it easy on them Mice though ;) .

never been lamping, only been into 'hunting' past 5 years and thats just daytime rabbiting with ferret and bedlington, would love to have a go, provided the farmer who i have current permission from is o.k, how much should a lamp cost and what should i go for?

greg

A decent set up will set you back roughly a £100 depending on what type of battery & lamp you go for :icon_eek:

greg

the marabooboo cheep enough. ;)