• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 2 saluki X puppies a couple of weeks back, 1 of them looked a little under nourished, very boney.

I feed them Beta puppy food, which is a good brand and has all the essential vits minerals etc for growing puppies.

The skinny pup had put on weight and is looking a picture of health, then out of the blue yesterday morning her front legs bowed and she looks like she has rickets, she is going to the vet this morning to check her out.

I feed my dogs the best food they have great living quarters and are very well looked after, so noone can say it is poor diet or badly looked after on my part.

Just out of curiosity Munsterlurcher did your puppy come from S.yorkshire-Barnsley?

I bought 2 saluki X puppies a couple of weeks back, 1 of them looked a little under nourished, very boney.

I feed them Beta puppy food, which is a good brand and has all the essential vits minerals etc for growing puppies.

The skinny pup had put on weight and is looking a picture of health, then out of the blue yesterday morning her front legs bowed and she looks like she has rickets, she is going to the vet this morning to check her out.

I feed my dogs the best food they have great living quarters and are very well looked after, so noone can say it is poor diet or badly looked after on my part.

Just out of curiosity Munsterlurcher did your puppy come from S.yorkshire-Barnsley?

no it was ireland mate

wasn't there someone on here who had a saluki pup and its legs bowed badly?i think he found it out to be that the ligaments weren't growing as fast as the bone or something?anyway,it got sorted and the dog was fine.

wasn't there someone on here who had a saluki pup and its legs bowed badly?i think he found it out to be that the ligaments weren't growing as fast as the bone or something?anyway,it got sorted and the dog was fine.

Got back from the vet this morning, they have bandaged the front legs and will have to wait for them to strengthen themselves, its like what you said there pitindall.. growing fast, not Rickets.

MUNSTERLUCHER - has rickets been diagnosed by a vet or perhaps is your puppy's legs just developing? Maybe you are just worrying too much and listening to old wives tales? Feed it on good quality natural food.

ok tanx guys

beta puppy food fella light walks but often should see some difference within a couple of months.

Guest C U JIMMY
hey all iv got a problem my lurcher pup 3mths old has rickets on her front legs what is the cause of this and what can i do to get them right again im feedind her with a complete dry food that has 1.5 p/cent calcium in it

Get the wee lass to the vet's first, I sure they will advice you best, feed Iams complete puppy food until 12/14 months old :thumbs: add some Tuna or Herring/Salmon, good luck.

Old Jimmy

hey all iv got a problem my lurcher pup 3mths old has rickets on her front legs what is the cause of this and what can i do to get them right again im feedind her with a complete dry food that has 1.5 p/cent calcium in it

Get the wee lass to the vet's first, I sure they will advice you best, feed Iams complete puppy food until 12/14 months old :thumbs: add some Tuna or Herring/Salmon, good luck.

Old Jimmy

k tnx lads