Things you see when lamping

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell ya this one, it's not something I saw but more something "WE" heard.

Me and my mate were out lamping on a local permission and half way round the boundaries without the lamp on we heard something running quite close around us, didn't sound like a 4 legged animal and was running quite fast, switched the lamp on and looked about, noise stopped and nothing there, we thought nothing of it and carried on walking. carried on for another 5 minutes or so and over 1 electric fence the noise starts again (sounded about 6 foot away and running round us) switched lamp on and nothing there. walked another 5-10 minutes shot 1 rabbit on the lamp and the noise starts again, switched lamp on again nothing there. Got almost to the end of the permission and again this noise was getting louder (just imagine someone running fast around you with the hollow sound of footsteps on the ground) we switched the lamp on nobody there and for some reason we panicked, I discharged my gun into the ground then we just looked at eachother and started running, I mean like really running I ploughed into the electric fence which wasn't funny and my mate overtook me and didn't stop. we have talked about this many many times but never come up with a valid reason for the noise, also we never set foot on the permission again in the dark it spooked us that much, sadly a few years later we lost the permission due to a neighbouring estate paying big money to the farmer to release pheasamnts and stuff, even to this day though i wouldn't go back :shok:

sound moderator my cousin was out lamoing a few years ago and saw a cat,it turned out as it got closer that it was the size of a lab and dark in colour!

but was defo a cat.

a while later they caught one on camera at johnson pipes,normal cat it seemed( untill someone noticed that it was stood on a 3 ft pipe).

Could well be the same one, as the golf course was Horsehay ! A stones throw from there ! I remember this sighting being reported in the Shropshire Star.

last time I was out lamping I saw something with white eyes, quite small animal and was running in between or quite close to rabbits, couldn't see what it was through the scop as it was too fast, any ideas what has white eyes, small and doesn't spook rabbits????

Hey guys, just wondering if it's me but, man we see some strange things when foxing!

Cars on fire, drunk women walking dogs at midnight, shaggers, foxes up trees, poachers.

What about you guys....?

I take it you live in the west then. lol !

Quite tame for the west!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

I've just got in from a nights lamping on local permission with a mate and the whippets, We were in some sheep paddocks and we witnessed 3 badgers having a go at a lame ewe. We kept the lamp on them so they would p*ss off and managed to get the ewe into an empty stable.. Doesn't look good though. I rang the farmer to tell him and he said he's lost 3 in a month from the same field!!!!!..... I've never heard of this happening before in our area. The farmer thought the others had been attacked by dogs, as there is a public footpath that goes straight across the field...

Seen a few other odd things on previous nights out,Best one was 2 woman jogging stark naked one night along the A57 near worksop in the middle of November!!!!..

wats a ewe

Been out a few times and seen a small light in the sky so it seemed about 20ft up on one farm after going out a few more times to the same place we sneaked up in the dark to see what it was and it was some bugger out trying to pinch bird eggs with a led head torch on,Also out one night trying to get a problem fox and for some reason we could here people very near by so put on the light and found it was some runners who had got lost we soon explained we were shooting and they vanished quickly back on track.Also seen the od albino white badgers about and lots of shooting stars.