brian nuttall

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know people all around the country that have kennels full just of his line,keeping it pure-his son Craig up Darlington has a full pack of them,& loads of his mates in the area keep kennels full

Hi there mate-I've only  just logged onto this web site 2023 to try and find an article written after Brian's death-I'm the bloke your talking about that owned Crunch Dog-he was as hard a terrier as i

I was one of Brian's very closest friends and went digging with him from when I was 16 until about 46(53 now)-in fact Brian and Maureen refer to me as there 'second son'. I kept Miner at my house fo

i wish i was hard enough to take the piss out of a 76 year old man ,bet it makes you feel realy good inside :guitar:
dont let em bother you mate threads like this always draws in the wankers and thrs plenty on here

i know mate just think he deserves a bit of credit as he has put some very good terriers on this planet . And all these people who slate him if they can do a better job they better get cracking coz he not be here for ever like some of the other greats and all we,ll be left with is even smaller genepools and we think its bad now...or then again people could always get a good dog out of the cmw they have some proper dogs advertised in there there all 100%you know :D

sorry ss i did take that wrong mate ,met brian a few times and spoke to him and this man lives for dogs and will talk and talk to any one allday long ,he a good man thats all sorry

Edited by dog fox

yep.. brian is a nice geniune guy , who will talk dogs allday. always makes ye feel welcome, when you drop by :) unlike most so called peddlers , who wouldnt give ye the time'a'day :blink: nuttall should be given credit for what he has done for the patterdale and terriers in general ;)

i've owned nuttall dogs in the past and have allways been pleased with them . :clapper:

i think a lot of the time a muppet gets hold of a decent pup and expects too much too soon and enters the pup at a young age and ruins it , the muppet then calls the breed in this case nuttall a load of old sh*te ..... forgetting the important fact that the pup was incorrectly entered ;)

i've owned nuttall dogs in the past and have allways been pleased with them . :clapper:

i think a lot of the time a muppet gets hold of a decent pup and expects too much too soon and enters the pup at a young age and ruins it , the muppet then calls the breed in this case nuttall a load of old sh*te ..... forgetting the important fact that the pup was incorrectly entered ;)

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had brian down on my permission a few years ago with a mutual freind from derby way, my mate only had nuttal terrier's, anyway my mate's dog flew to ground when we dug down to him he'd got the "other fella" right by the throat under the jaw, and it was stone dead!! if i had'nt seen it with my own eye's i'd never have believed it!! the dog's name was "crunch" top terrier's bred by a top terrier man and gentleman

A nice man and unasumeing . He worked his terriers on my beat of the river wyre here in sunny lancashire for the kendal and district otter hounds back along time ago. many on here could learn alot form hiom. But then again you lot seem to know it all anyway :blink:

• Like 1
woundnt touch the terriers never seen a good one yet that can do the job proper an other name makein money theses days bin and gone for a few quid :thumbdown:

Just out of interest what lines are your terriers out of and what lines in your opinion are the best .

mine r out of upsetters and disapointers whats yours misty :clapper::clapper::angel:

Your obviously a bullshxtter.

Right so youve heard the doubters ,the wankers that wouldnt know a good dog from a bad dog and those that genuinely know the man .Heres the truth from someone who has kept a line of his for 25 years and still uses genuine workers of his over bitches today .Brians early stuff was big with badger digging being the main reason for breeding all those years ago .They were strong ,bull headed animals but the bull was long diluted even 30 years ago .The increase in fox work dictated a smaller terrier and Brian is nothing if not a follower of fashion .The stuff he breeds today or rather the stuff he uses himself or puts out on loan is just as game as the old stuff but a good third smaller .The problem with some of what he has in kennels is that it is bred from unproven stock as he hasnt the time to run everything on .He is the first to say that he will breed from returns as the bloods there but most of us know that its not the case when breeding workers that the genes follow on .

At the end of the day ,the making or breaking of a terrier is half breeding and half in the hands of the owner and is the same for any breed .