Am i the only one

Kay

Guest craftycarper

get yourself a hefty priest not of the cloth type :laugh: , i have a heavy pair of secateurs in my bag for cutting back, it's come in handy plenty of times when things get fast & furious , one smack of that and not a twitch :)

Molly, try the way i said, i used to struggle with some bucks that got their neck curled up tight, but the way i said works like a dream :good:

That is the way i do them, i just think im perhaps not strong enough for some of them, or when its near the end of the night and im knackered :unsure:

MOLL.

the neck stretch or the chop were my favourites until aa a teenage and i saw my uncle take a rabbit that had not netted correctly out of the side of a net whilst holding it round the neck :blink: he then shook it backwards so that its body weight broke its neck as it swung backwards against its head and neck firmly in your hand :)

i thought WOW that looks cool, and very non-chalant, next time ferreting with my brother i went to despatch one the same way, swinging it between my legs and successfully breaking its neck :):D

problem was i had left it in the purse net, and the draw cord and peg swung round and hit me at the back of the head :11: :11: i still despatch rabbits this way, however i dont use this technique whilst they are still in the net ;)

i find that whilst they are in the purse net i hold them round the waist with my left hand and chop them with my right, i am a big lump of a bloke and so there is enough force to break the neck every time, i have seen slighter built people who couldn't do this cleanly so i would recommend the neck stretch, or the chin up although i cant master the knack of the chin up myself :ph34r:

worst case you can smack their head on something hard, like a bullbar(not sure if yo uhave them over there, they are steel bars that go infront of your cars to protect them if you hit a kangaroo or bull, or some other animal)

or on a log, or your mates head(only joking lol)