Am i the only one

Kay

Untill i got my new hob kits this yr i had a couple of old lads who i lost earlier this yr, due to them being old they had not worked for about 2 yrs, i accompanied my husband on many ferreting trips , set nets & generally just helped out.

But i would like to start ferreting, my husband isnt really interested , i have some nets , but will need to geta locator & a couple of collars, but the one big hurdle i need to get over is to dispatch a rabbit quickly & properly, is it physically hard & could i do it, i am not scared to do it, but am scared i wont do it properly & that would mortify me if i cocked it up

Do you think i should give it a go

Good for you ;) just hold it by its back legs run your hand down its back untill you get to its neck put your hand around stretch and and twist at the same time its easy ;)

hope this helps

Good hunting

it comes natural, even my girlfriend has had a go ;) and she thought she wouldnt be able to do it before hand ;)

So you really think its possible , as in you dont have to be really strong to do it :) i am not a girlie woman at the best of times but i did worry that it may physically hard to do it, thanks for the encouragment

All i really want is a couple of rabbits each visit, just enough to feed the ferrets & a day in the peace & quiet :rolleyes:

i had the same problems. PegAndGun taught me a good way

Hold it by its back leg's.

Put your four fingers under it's chin and your thumb in FRONT of its ears.

Pull its head back towards it body.

:good:

Its simple and effective.

Give it a try.

Alternatively you can hold it by the shoulders with one hand, with the other put it under the chin and push back

You will never know, if you dont try

good luck

There is the odd buck rabbit i cannot dispatch, simply place your foot over its head on the ground and pull the back legs. Other than that if Jazz is with me she just crunches the head :blink: Once you have done your 1st few you will wonder why you wondered :D ....and dont forget to toilet the rabbits before you put them in your bag ;)

MOLL.

Thanks for all the usefull tips. i will give it a go & hope i dont yank the rabbits head off :11: all i need now is a locator & permission, thats easier said than done :(

I will set about asking the local farmer as a starting point :)