hunting in france

hi there im moving into mid france at the end of the year can any one tell me what the hunting is like over thereand also what do you mostly hunt

and i have lurchers so will there be many rabbits and hares cheers

I have driven the length of france 4 times, and was suprised by the sheer lack of rabbits, apart from seeing a few near cherborg in northan france, i never saw a single rabbit in all those jurneys, even at night you would think you would see them at the side of the road, but nothing.

im shure there must be some somwhere, i belive hares to be in better numbers and roe deer

hi there im moving into mid france at the end of the year can any one tell me what the hunting is like over thereand also what do you mostly hunt

I have driven the length of france 4 times, and was suprised by the sheer lack of rabbits, apart from seeing a few near cherborg in northan france, i never saw a single rabbit in all those jurneys, even at night you would think you would see them at the side of the road, but nothing.

im shure there must be some somwhere, i belive hares to be in better numbers and roe deer

went to france last month and when we got off the ferry on the way to our carp lake all you could see as far as the eye would let you was BIG flats fields everywere, it took us 4 hours to get to the lake with fields all the way......and all the motor ways had deer fence on them miles and miles of it, so there must be lots of deer over there

didnt see any rabbits in france too.

it was funny not to see any subaru tracks going through the middle off any fields :11:

Edited by pluckers son

heres a link from last year a rabbit plague in north east france http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3785042.ece

heres a link from last year a rabbit plague in north east france http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3785042.ece

the linc dont work

• 2 months later...

didnt a frenchy create myxy, or at least introduce it to europe? that might explain the low rabbit numbers in france... but i have heard good things about hunting boar and deer with dogs. hadnt realised that the french were so against lurchers, can anyone tell us a bit more about the laws regarding the use of them? are they more strict than over here? just seems a surprise that the french would have banned it, since they are as keen on hunting as the brits and generally far less squeamish, they eat frogs and snails ffs.

happy christmas everyone, i got the hunting knife i wanted, as well as a hip flask for those cold nights out...

The French dude your talking about was Dr Armand Delille, who in June 1952 released mixy on his estate outside Paris. By 1956 90 percent of europes mainland rabbit population was dead. Delille got the strain of the virus from Switzerland. The virus was first isolated by an Italian bacteriologist called Giuseppe Sanarelli in 1898 and is from south american bunnies.

Mixy is SHIT.