AA s410 owners

Hello lads! Today i went to an air rifle center to pick up a harris bipod & to check out the Daystate huntsman classic & AA s410 both .177. After having a good look at both guns i asked an assistant witch he thought was best out of the 2. He went on to tell me 3 bad points about the AA s410

1. The bluing ist up to scratch!

2. The safty catch.... hes herd of a few lads shootng lads on the ranges at the gun clubs accidently by turning round and at the same time touching the safty catch and shooting the lad next to them!! Yep you herd it right and i thought the same as i can imagen what your thinking right now !!

3. The little brass indexer that turns the magazine round tend to snap quit often but only costs £7 for a new one and takes 2 minutes to fix!!

So lads apart from the bluing that we all know isnt the best has anybody else shot the person stood next to them because of the safty catch design or had the brass indexer snap on them ?

ATB migmog

I've had my AA410c .22 for 3 years now,i only shoot in the warmer months & ferret the winter.The only thing that has happended to my gun is i lost the safety catch this year,wear & tear cost about £4 to replace :) .

The gun gets a wipe down with a silicone cloth after being handled so my blueing is fine,the magazine has fired countless pellets with out a problem & the safety catch has always been fine.

The accuracy is as good as i shoot it :gunsmilie: i've took some rabbits at 40-50yds in good conditions & for me that shows how good of gun it is.

I take it the Daystate cost more..... :hmm:

at the end of the day it doesn't even matter if youv got a safty or not, your finger shouldn't be on the trigger.

Never mind that It shouldn't even be pointed at someone loaded or not :blink:

Get an S400. Then your only problem Is the shite blueing ;)

at the end of the day it doesn't even matter if youv got a safty or not, your finger shouldn't be on the trigger.

Never mind that It shouldn't even be pointed at someone loaded or not :blink:

Get an S400. Then your only problem Is the shite blueing ;)

the only problem i have is the safty catch comes on on its own

it dosent, its a manual safety catch you press it in to put it on and back out again to fire, its easy to use.

i no that but for some reason it moves over

it dosent, its a manual safety catch you press it in to put it on and back out again to fire, its easy to use.

i no that but for some reason it moves over

Its probably just loosend off from where & tear.

no.1 the blueing is pretty poor i thought!

no.2 the safety on them is shite my mate shot himself in the hand last week :icon_redface: (don't know how he managed that) he's now gone back to fishing :D

no.3 i've never had a problem with the indexer?

lol thats my input and all in all i would not have any other gun. apart from the saftey catch issue it's an awesome gun absolutley spot on. ;)

no.2 the safety on them is shite my mate shot himself in the hand last week :icon_redface: (don't know how he managed that) he's now gone back to fishing :D

lol thats my input and all in all i would not have any other gun. apart from the saftey catch issue it's an awesome gun absolutley spot on. ;)

who poots there hand over the end of the barrel of a loaded gun anyway, safety or not! :D

1. The blueing is very thin always wipe over with a oiled rag after every trip.

2. You get used to the safety catch but make sure the gun is pointing somewhere safe when you engage it ( I once shot a petrol cutter in the back of my van when I was rushing to get a shot on some ferals).

3. The bolt creeps up on mine its something you get used to and correct.

4. never had a problem with the mags

5. The barrel band can move with a gnats chuff.

But after alls said and done its a brilliant bit of kit and I wouldnt get rid of mine.

who poots there hand over the end of the barrel of a loaded gun anyway, safety or not! :D

He doesn't even know why he done it himself lol i've just sold the gun for him though for £300 he wanted rid lol (i think his missus made him sell it :D ) good thing come of it though he sold me his brand new deben tracer and red filter for £50 still in the box :D